Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 LLY with 43000 miles. It went into limp mode with no warning on the interstate . Had it towed. The dealer said it was a bad injector. He said the injectors were not covered under the 100k warranty. He said it would cost 650.00 for the repair. I asked him for good will help. GM agreed to cover injector. It still cost me 277.00. Has anyone else had this? Are the injectors covered under the 100K warranty. Is this a fair price for labor? Any feed back would be helpful. Thanks JLW

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sounds like a shadey dealer. They are covered under the 100k warranty and I would have guessed a bad injector harness before a bad injector anyway. I would try to get your money back. One repair I had done had a $100 deductable which I didn't think twice about and a month later I got a check in the mail saying that it was their mistake and I shouldn't have been charged the deductable. Good luck, I would call the service manager and not talk to the guy that handled the repair. He/she must have been in desperate need of commision. Let us know what happends.

·
Registered
594 Posts
CrumBrosInc;1604296; said:
Sounds like a shadey dealer. They are covered under the 100k warranty and I would have guessed a bad injector harness before a bad injector anyway. I would try to get your money back. One repair I had done had a $100 deductable which I didn't think twice about and a month later I got a check in the mail saying that it was their mistake and I shouldn't have been charged the deductable. Good luck, I would call the service manager and not talk to the guy that handled the repair. He/she must have been in desperate need of commision. Let us know what happends.
X2. Happens a lot. There are a lot of dealers out there that will tell you "That's not Covered" no matter what it is. Injectors are covered.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep. I too had the same problem and I had around 85K miles on it and the dealer covered it minus my $100 deductible but then they ended up sending me a refund on my deductible too... :) Tell your dealer that you're going to contact GM about it. Or contact the regional manager for GM.

Ben

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
for that price i would buy a set of aftermarket injectors just a couple more bucks thats bull injectors are covered until the 5 year 100,000 warrenty

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was asking my dealer about injectors (no problems, just talking) and the service man said there was a new bulletin out about them extending the warranty on the injectors on LLY's to 200K. ???

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you get a copy of this bulletin? If so please let me know. I will give you a fax #. Thanks for the info. JLW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts