Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is getting work done on it right now and they said that I have one bad injector. Anyone ever had any luck getting them to change the rest under warrnaty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had my LLY in last week said code was injector #1 bad. Turned out to be bad wire . Stealer said it was corrosion, but it was right where wire rubs against bracket. Charged me $ 180 for about 1' of electrical tape and 2" of plastic to placed between wire and bracket. GM doesn't have a quality problem they have a DEALER PROBLEM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They wont replace all the injectors they will replace the bad ones. I had 4 replaced last week and i tryed to get all 8 but they have to take snap shots of the bad injectors and send the shot to TAC to get the injectors. I even worked at the dealer so i had a little pull but only got 4.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you have a bad injector will you get a check engine light just symptoms?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got my truck back and all they could do under warranty was the one.
BMAN- I had no check engine light, no extra smoke, the only thing mine did was sound like it was missing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My dealer identified 1 bad injector, but changed out all 8 for me. I think it depends on the dealer and what kind of pull they have. Some will go the extra mile, some won't. There are some service advisors that understand what we go through, but most are just a-holes and don't care. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
The injectors on the LLY are a vast improvement over the LB7 as far as durability. They are also easy to change as a single.

I believe those are the reasons most will only get one warrantied at a time, and I also believe those are the reasons not to worry too much about it.;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts