Diesel Place banner

Injector problem? Please read!!

921 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jim659 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 01 lb7 with 61000 miles. It has a manufacture date of 5/01. My problem is this, the back cylinder on the passenger side of the truck has fuel leaking out of it what looks to be near the exhaust manifold. Is this a tale,tale sign of injector failure? The truck smokes a little more than usual but no rough idle or power loss that I can tell. Can someone provide any info about this. And how long is my warrenty good for on the injectors and the rest of the engine and the transmission. Anything you want to add feel free, as I try and sort this out. Also NO service light on.Josh

#2 ·
check the engine oil to see if it has fuel in it. also white smoke indicates injector going bad. you should have a 100k mile warrenty on engine and 200k on injectiors.

#3 ·
I'm no expert but it sounds like injector leaking or injector line leaking. I am sure someone who has seen more of this will come along shortly.

#4 ·
take it to the dealer. its under warranty and something is def. wrong

#6 ·
I've seen that twice before, both times it was a fuel line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.