Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my injectors replaced at 94,000 and now I have noticed the motor tapping a little louder recently (sounds like valve clatter), no abnormal smoke or fuel in oil though...now at 146,000 miles. I was wondering if this a sign of injectors or something else?

·
Registered
16,234 Posts
mine is doing the same.....excessive valve lash is what I have been told....I am leaving mine alone

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's my plan for now..I don't like the noise though..makes me think injector paranoia. what did your dealer recommend? Valve adjustment?

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
If it ain't broke..........

I can live with a tapping, heck those Ford guys live with those rattle traps and do not complain.........

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think the ULSD fuel runs a little noiser than the old fuel did. The Duramax has solid lifters, probably after that many miles they could use an adjustment.

·
Registered
16,234 Posts
I have over 200k on mine, dealer said excessive valve clearance shouldn't hurt it, of course oyu have to remove the valve covers to adjust.....looks like 500 bucks to do it....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's funny Tolliwacker. thats exactly what I was thinking my c/c is starting to sound like a 7.3 Ford, but not really that loud.. though you can tell the difference in motor noise between my crew cab and my dump of the same year, there's only 80,000 miles on the dump though. Oh well.. still running good I guess I will take it in after new years and just make sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts