Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building an injector tester. I dont have a spare injector line to use and I can not find what the thread size is. I do have a brake line tool so I was hoping I could find a readily available fitting, or buy a nut and fab a fitting from that. I have 6.2 and 6.5 injectors to test.

·
Registered
6,196 Posts
M14 x 1.5 rings a bell but .... the end of the line is unique and can not be made by a brake flaring tool. It is a lump not a flare like brakes.

Any diesel shop worth it’s sign should have one.

Now is time for you to go junk yard shopping cause there are 2 basic sizes of idi lines, what we use and M12x?? so go find a 6.9, 7.3, 5.7, 6.2, 6.5 ... old John Deere tractor... and I will be very surprised if you don’t find a line that works.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M14 x 1.5 rings a bell but .... the end of the line is unique and can not be made by a brake flaring tool. It is a lump not a flare like brakes.

Any diesel shop worth it’s sign should have one.

Now is time for you to go junk yard shopping cause there are 2 basic sizes of idi lines, what we use and M12x?? so go find a 6.9, 7.3, 5.7, 6.2, 6.5 ... old John Deere tractor... and I will be very surprised if you don’t find a line that works.
Already fabrigobbled something 😏 a lug nut (M14x1.5), few M6 nuts, a dab of welding rod and the connector is ready. Just need to make a tank and test it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts