Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm calling it an injector feed line, but I'm not sure of it's technical name. So, I will have to describe the problem I had. I was smelling diesel fuel every time I got out of my truck. I opened the hood and poked around for a while. At the passengers side rear injector I found the problem. At the point where the steel feed line inserts through a nut with a hole in it, this is where I found fuel pooling. The fuel was pretty much contained to the very small space between the fuel feed line and the nut that it was passing through. This is the same nut that has a locking clip of some sort to keep the nut from coming loose.

I got it to the dealer and the tech said that all he needed to do was torque the nut. He said it was not properly torqued at the time. This was at about 7k miles on my '03. I now have 20k and no signs of problems. Anyone else ever see this or know if this situation can lead to other problems?
Thanks for your input......SPICER

·
Registered
692 Posts
this was the fuel high psi line. have not seen any loose
this is what the locking clip is for. dont think this will have and long term effect

1 - 2 of 2 Posts