Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

I have an 2003 Duramax with 7K miles ...Racor secondary filter installed at 1K miles on frame rail. All my balance rates are within +/- 1.0 with the exception of #7 which is right around 3.0 ! #7 sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the others. I know the GM spec is +4.0 so 3.0 on #7 is getting close to the spec and here my truck only has 7K miles.

Thoughts? Should I be concerned? Would you call this normal for a newer truck? I used a Tech II to monitor the injector balance rates ... also took a 78 frame snapshot ... #7 varies from 2.7 - 3.0.

On edit:

The above value was taken idle/park. Below are the numbers for idle/neutral and idle/drive which are worse.

Injector Idle/Neutral Idle/Drive
==============================================
1 -0.3 -0.9
2 -1.6 -2.3
3 -0.8 -1.0
4 0.1 -0.4
5 0.3 1.1
6 -0.6 -0.7
7 3.6 4.4
8 -0.7 0.1

Engine RPM 681 680Edited by: tophog

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
TopHog:

How does my personal mechanic use the tech ll to read these rates?

Is that a stupid question?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TommJr, not sure I understand your question(s)? I'll take a stab ... the Tech II simply plugs into the ODBII connector under the dash (left knee area) and by navigating specific menus you can view the injector balance rates real-time. The aftermarket Predator also provides the ability to read the injector balance rates.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
TopHog:

Your instructions are what I had presumed. Just plug in and follow instructions.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
TopHog:

Could you please tell me the purpose of the oil guard bypass system?

I'm the furthest thing from a mechanic.

Thanks much, TommJr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts