Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Predator back with the 1.08 tune. Seems to run better. I tried the 65 HP and 125 HP tunes. 65 Hp tune feels a bit stronger than the 40 HP tune with the Juice. 125 HP tune is very strong, but smokes a lot and the EGTs hit 1400 pretty quickly. With the Juice on 90 HP, I rarely hit 1300.

Not the real question though. I was looking at the injector balance rates. Most of them are -1.5 mm give or take. I have one injector that is -2.5 to -2.8 mm. Do you think I have a problem here?

Jess

·
Registered
490 Posts
I thought Eric said in one of his posts that GM's spec is 6 mm, but he likes to go with 4 mm.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
When they get up towards 6 mm3 in drive and 4mm3 in neutral then there's a problem. Sometimes the ones with the higher balance rates are the ones found leaking during the high pressure diagnosis but I have heard it's not accurate.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Agree with Sid on this. The specs are raised to 6.0 but that is too much in my opinion. Anything under 3.0 is in good shape IMEO

Eric

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great info guys. Just need work out which injectors are displayed where in sequence with the Predator display. Went out for a bit of a drive today just to play with the tunes. Set the Juice on 0 and then added the tunes in sequence. 40 hp tune felt good with no smoke. 65 HP tune was better with just a touch of smoke. EGT was about 1200 when I got out of it. 85 HP tune smokes "grey" and does get the EGT up there. Was seeing 1300+ by 60 full boot. Then tried the 125 HP tune. First time my truck (3500 dually) has spun the rears without power brake/boost build. Not burnin' rubber smoke, but it did light them. The tunes are better than the last batch. The peddle is not as touchy on the higher hp tunes and boost seems to build faster. Most boost that I saw was 25 psi in 125 hp mode.

Jess

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to load the 40 hp setting and try it and see.

Jess

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I sent my Pred in today for the 1.10 update Power was always there, just smoke and boost codes made it no fun.

If it works well I might sell my Juice. The Spouse is screaming at me to divest some toys, and The Juice can be sold since it isnt tied into the VIN.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What do you all mean when you say you send your preditors back for updates? If I buy a preditor after this winter will it come with the updates you all talk about? The reason Im waiting till after winter is because my truck dont get run much in the winter so I my as well wait and see if they lower prices any or maybe a better programmer will be out after winter.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 40 hp tune is producing a max EGT of 1100.

Jess

1 - 11 of 11 Posts