Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way to the beach tonight, luckily I hadn't gotten too far from home before this happened. My truck lost all power and threw a code. I carry my scanner with me all the time now since the transmission limped so i can clear codes. I read the code and the first one was something about the #7 injector messing up and the second code was something about a short circuit in the injectors. I had it towed because it wouldnt go over 10 mph downhill. I guess i had a bad injector or something. Thank God those are covered under warranty. Anyone know what may have caused this?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Sounds like the injector wiring harness is shorting out. Do a search on this theres a couple big threads on it. All it requires id wrapping up the harness and protecting it from rubbing

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
90 degree wire harness fix for both the number 7 and number 2 injector harness. Been there done that on BOTH sides. Sounds like a cummins and runs like crap. Very common problem.

·
Registered
692 Posts
dealer has a fix. Happen to me too, wire in connetor breaks down.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What build dates are you guys seeing these failures in. Mines around 11-4-05

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think my truck was built around 10-04, i guess it was one of the early 2005 models released

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
P.S. if you are in south carolina, never take your truck to Gary Russ Chevrolet, or buy a car from them. I bought mine at a dealership my friend works at, but had my truck towed here to be repaired cause i live closer to Gary Russ. The guy in the shop was a complete *******, when i asked him if he would take a look at the harness, he said "I AIN'T TOUCHING YOUR TRUCK, I AINT WORKING ON IT, I AINT DOING ****! YOUR WARRANTY'S VOIDED!" Then i called my friend at the dealership i bought it from, they said they would cover it under warranty since the butt pirate at Gary Russ wouldn't. So i told that ******** i was taking it to stokes trainor chevrolet. Then either him, or whoever he called to ask about covering the warranty with my aftermarket stuff, posted a bulliten at every dealership in south carolina that my warranty is voided. What an *******. I think I'm gonna get a lawyer and take Gary Russ to court about the Magnussen-Moss warranty act. The jackass in the shop even said there is no law about that. What an idiot. So hopefully he will get fired, which i doubt will happen, but if i ever see him out somewhere and noone is around, both of his legs will be broken just for being a rude smart ass son of a ***** to me for no reason

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was told the same thing from William-Morris Chevy. THey said that the warranty has been voided. THey wanted to charge me $280 bucks to do a diag on it. I said do what you need to do. They saw that the Edge A/J pyrometer drilled in my manifold. Came up with the majic words "Magnusson-Moss" and "customer support", they went ahead and fixed it. 5 bad fuel injectors, hood release broke, overheats somewhat on engine temp and tranny, w/o Edge on. Dealer did a reflash and everything is up to par. PHEW!!

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
10/21/04 build on mine and no issues. Now after seeing the pics of exactly where the problem lays, time to give it another inspection. Once the rain stops that is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
P.S. if you are in south carolina, never take your truck to Gary Russ Chevrolet, or buy a car from them.

(...snip...)

So hopefully he will get fired, which i doubt will happen, but if i ever see him out somewhere and noone is around, both of his legs will be broken just for being a rude smart ass son of a ***** to me for no reason
ChevyManSC:

Thanks for the tip about Gary Russ Chevrolet, but dude, a quick lesson about I-net bulletin boards is in order. While you may be angry, threatening to break a man's legs on a national forum not only gives you motive, but acts as a verbal threat that doesn't disappear and go away; Internet postings are forever. If something happens to the fellow you had words with, you may very well find yourself a prime suspect.

There's a big difference between civil actions (your truck and its warranties), and criminal actions; threatening to break someone's legs. The two do not go together - civil actions do not justify criminal assault.

We are all friends here which is why I'm bothering to write this. For your own good, DO NOT make these type of remarks on a national forum such as this, it serves no good purpose and only puts you at real risk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts