Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time with this…. Injector 6 (3rd back on driver side) was at first slow leak.. pulled it out, there was no o-ring on it, put a new one on and it’s still leaking but now it worst… pulled it back out and took it to a shop here local and got a new copper seal and another new o-ring and all new return lines and now I can’t get it to stop leaking.. I’m lost and I need advice please help

·
Administrator
19,899 Posts
Having a hard time with this…. Injector 6 (3rd back on driver side) was at first slow leak.. pulled it out, there was no o-ring on it, put a new one on and it’s still leaking but now it worst… pulled it back out and took it to a shop here local and got a new copper seal and another new o-ring and all new return lines and now I can’t get it to stop leaking.. I’m lost and I need advice please help
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please tell us more about the vehicle ( Year, Make, and Model ) and list any mods
(y)

Reactions: Kdmorgan98

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2005 6.6 lly duramax
Fass 150 lift pump
Edge attitude cts2

·
Premium Member
18,177 Posts
Leaking where?
The only possible leaks are the return plastic tee or the high pressure line, unless the injector body is cracked.

This thread goes into some detail, but, I can assure you that it is not the copper seal or the body O-ring. Those only stop combustion gas leakage and keep dirt from the injector hole machined into the head.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 4 of 4 Posts