Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge question on how t approach this problem. I have a 2000 k2500 with a 6.5 turbo diesel , I was plugging my pmd extension into the old harness and I was re installing my ground for the harness back on top of injection pump cap. As I was turning the torx screw back in by hand it sheared and I'm not sure what to do next. Need some advice

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Did the Torx screw shear off flush with the surface?

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts
No it broke off in the hole below the surface
Find a left-hand drill bit that is smaller than the diameter of the screw. See if you can drill the center of the screw and back it out using the drill bit

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts
It wont send shavings into my injection pump?
If you take your time and go slow you should get it without worry. You are just trying to get a bite on the screw, using the bit to back it out of the hole.
A left-handed drill bit will rotate counter-clockwise and help back it out.

The other option is you can relocate the ground to the screw just to the right of your broken screw.
Use the corner screw for the cover and mount it there and just leave the broken screw alone

Reactions: Chicagomike

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have everything plugged in the way it should but now I have no fuel pump. My pmd is new. I tried jumping the pump and now I get nothing

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts
I have everything plugged in the way it should but now I have no fuel pump. My pmd is new. I tried jumping the pump and now I get nothing
verify you have 12v power to the lift pump.
Check all of your fuses

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything is in check as far as I can see. Dont under stand what is going on but now I cant even go back to my old pmd on the injection pump without taking my intake off. Kinda really lost here

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts
Everything is in check as far as I can see. Dont under stand what is going on but now I cant even go back to my old pmd on the injection pump without taking my intake off. Kinda really lost here
Did you pull the electrical connector to the lift pump and verify that you have power with a voltmeter?

·
Administrator
16,018 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Managed to get the harness back onto the old pmd on the side of the pump, I had the lift pump going ,turned the key off. Now nothing again

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
17,806 Posts
Did you fix something to the truck before this happen?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts