Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, this forum has helped me on my negotiations with the dealer on warranty issues.
Took my '03 in late Dec for a couple of issues, as the truck would hit 3 years ownership on 1/1/06.
One of the issues was quickly corrected for now with the steeering shaft and is not the reason for this post.
But when I pointed out the leather seat had worn through the outer surface of the leather, the svc mgr responded that he agreed it shouldn't be worn out in less than 3 years use, but that GM would refuse to fix under warranty, in his opinion.
I responded with a request that he pull up SB 04-08-50-006, which he did. Reading this SB, he then responded that the drawing showed the wear I had as a warranty item and he would order the seat cover and call me when it arrived.
Just this morning returned from the dealer, where they installed the cover while I went to breakfast in a car they loaned me!
I don't feel the svc manager was trying to not perform a repair he knew was covered, he just was unaware of the SB. I've surprised them more than once with knowledge I have gained here on the Diesel Place.
THX, Nick.;)
Dave

·
Registered
975 Posts
don'tcha love this place?!? :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts