Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a 2004 GMC D/A, SLE today and I was going to reset the mpg on the computer but the salesman said that there was no way to do it. I hear about people with D/A all the time that say they have a mpg readout and are able to reset it. Since there is no mpg sticker on the window I wanted to reset it and drive it like I drive to get an idea of mpg during my test drive. Any info? Also, the 2004 brochure looked the same as the 2003 as far as the Dmax numbers, I heard the Dmax was gonna have changes in the hp/tq for 2004, anyone have info on that?

I also drove the new Ford Pstroke today and it had a strong exaust smell compared to the Dmax but it was smoother and quieter than the Dmax.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have 2 mpg readouts on my 03. One shows a lifetime average, the other is tied in with my personal trip log (now that I think of it, there might be one on the business trip meter as well). I reset my personal trip log each time I fill up and it resets my average mpg back to 0. I haven't tried to reset my lifetime average, so not sure about that one...

From what I hear, the upgraded DMAX won't come out until Jan 04. I have read all sorts of HP claims, not sure which ones are true, so I won't even post what I have read...

Bob

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have an 04, and the MPG is reset by holding the steering wheel enter key for a few seconds.

·
Registered
958 Posts
As stated above, there is a MPG for the regular odometer, a MPG for the personal trip meter, and also one for the business trip meter. No need to reset the existing one, just play with the steering wheel controls and turn the personal trip meter on, reset it, and you're good to go. I love this computer setup, it has everything I would have asked for!

·
Registered
74 Posts
As stated above, if you hold the Enter key for a few seconds while the 'Main" MPG average is displayed, it will reset. I do this every tankfull. I aslo reset the personal data to check gals used, miles, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts