Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking for any way to increase my mpg. This could be through tuners, exhaust, intake, methanol/water injection, extra oil filter, or whatever else works. Let me know any opinions on what really works and how much of a difference things made. Thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm running an afe air filter, exhaust and I'm trying acatone in the fuel and it seems to work the mileage seems to be going up every day.I have 3500 miles on an lbz.I'm waiting on the tuners.I will be switching over to synthetics soon amsoil to be specific. mpg 14.5 to 22.5

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Lift your right foot.
Trucks are a brick in the wind and cutting cruise speed by 5mph can make a difference of 1-2mpg.
Keep the stock pizza cutter tires, don't lift it, keep it cleaned out (don't haul around 300 pounds of crap in the bed), and if it's a long-bed, instead of keeping the tank topped off, try to make more frequent fuel stops and just run it between 1/4 and 1/2 or 1/4 and 3/4... fuel is about 7 pounds per gallon, so you can save 70 pounds by only keeping 24 gallons in the tank on a long-bed for in-town cruising or short highway trips.

Don't be tempted by extended idling. It won't hurt the engine, but one day I was making a zillion short stops checking intersection control equipment... I must have visited 15 intersections, all within a few miles of each other, and each stop was only for a couple of minutes. Basically I covered 5 miles from 9am to 3pm with the engine running the full day (no AC) and I lost 2mpg on that tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.