Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this, but I was just wondering about what recommendations you would have to increase power/torque & increase fuel milage (aftermarket things I could add)?

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's easy to increase the power with a tuner, but if you want power you are more than likely not going to increase your mileage. I run the setup in my signature and normal unloaded highway driving yields around 18 mpg. Loaded with the toys I get around 13 mpg. Use the search forum and you will find more than enough info on the different mods you can do to your truck as long as you have the funds to support it. Another thing to keep in mind with adding power is that you need to consider upgrading your transmission to handle the power. Good luck!

Hop

·
Registered
612 Posts
the only additions we have made to our Duramax engine is a Hot Juice and Amsoil air filter ... got plenty of extra power and when towing our mileage went up about a mile per gallon towing .... I attribute that to the truck staying in OD longer ... haven't found much if any difference in non towing mileage

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts