Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard it is posible to fool the computer into increasing the boost pressures by simple changing a sensor. Has anyone done this and if so where do you get the part/s?? Also any downside to this?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
GAUGES BEFORE ANY modification the alters fuel or boost delivery or as Ferminator so aptly put it BOOM can be the down side

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
High boost does not equal power. Power comes from fuel. Add boost accordingly to more fuel to complete combustion, and reduce EGT's. Excessive boost will cause the BOOM factor to loom ever closer. 12 psig boost limited by ECM. Read up, and learn more BEFORE attempting or risk compromising your engine.

If you really, really, really want more boost, convert to 18:1 compression. Reduces the BOOM factor somewhat.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
GAUGES BEFORE ANY modification the alters fuel or boost delivery or as Ferminator so aptly put it BOOM can be the down side
And what the rest of the guys said and then 10 cent resistor:ro)

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
I prefer variable $5 one over fixed resistive value, as it allows changes for altitude conditions, fixed may code if wrong fixed value is used

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I prefer variable $5 one over fixed resistive value, as it allows changes for altitude conditions, fixed may code if wrong fixed value is used
I don't know TC, $5 is a lot of money:badidea: :lol:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kennedy Diesel has a boost controller. Get gages for the boost and Exhaust gas temp's too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts