Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as the irs sends me my money from income tax I will be buying brich6600's transgo kit, and I'm looking to buy a torque converter. I know I could look in past threads, but I didn't know if there was any new info, ideas, etc. as to what everyone likes better and where I can get the best possible deal. I know I should do the whole tranny, but this is all I can afford. Thanks for any insight, Chad.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
From your sig it doesn't look like you have any power mods. If your truck has never had a chip or programmer then your clutches should be OK and you may be able to get away with the shift kit and TC. If you have had any problems with trans limps then you have some clutches that need to be replaced. The combination you are looking at is a good upgrade if you aren't too power hungry and the rest of the trans is in good shape.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about my sig it needs to be updated, but I just purchased a hot xcellerator from brett6.6 and I'm in the process of potentially getting a duramaximizer. I also do truck pulls so I need something to handle the added power.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
If you are just going to pull with it then you shouldn't need much for the trans since you won't be going into 5th gear. It should hold for a while. I could be wrong though. Cummin'_Stroke_this_Dmax has run many pulls on his stock trans.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts