Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two products ... Bullydog Allison Transmission Shift Kit and Suncoast Boost Modifier Valve. Both say that they increase the line pressure in the stock allison and because of this increased pressure more force is applied to the clutches resulting in better holding capacity and less slipage. I know that it will not be a Stage IV Suncoast but do you think that some increase could be had? Bullydog says that can provide an increase of 50 hp holding capacity which is usually around 100 ft-lbs. and that you do not have to drop that whole trans to install it.

Any thoughts? Mike L. or DmaxAllitech?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Save your money for atleast the transgo, the Bully Dog is not a very good mod. I tried it before I found this web site now I am sorry that I did.

·
Registered
14,325 Posts
AbsoluteGMC
BullyDog valves are not a shift kit and they cannot use the name. Yes their valves will raise pressure till the TCM cuts it back to stock. The boost modifier valve requires trans removal and only helps when converter clutch is appled. I do not recommend any partial fixes for the Ally because people tend to push them past the limit. Save up your money and do it right the first time.
mike

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I only run a hpyertech on level one so I didnt think that any trans work was really needed anyway. I use torque drive fluid so I think that should be enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts