1,524 Posts
$51.00.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
my offer is

$50 cash money in u.s. currency :D

i couldn't resist
now how are you gonna get a loan for that kinda money:rolleyes: ? sorry i couldn't resist either:cool:. Ed

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5 yr 100,000 warrenty

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont like to tinker i want to check the oil and go to work the 6.5 allways needs something

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
now how are you gonna get a loan for that kinda money:rolleyes: ? sorry i couldn't resist either:cool:. Ed
Ha! Good one...oh, I'm up to $52.00, if I can get the loan.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ha, i got 53.00, cash money in my pocket. i'd try for a loan but i don't like interest payments.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
$54.00. And a 30-pack of Keystone Light. I'd be borrowing that from my bro-in-law, since I can't get the loan.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
If you thought the 6.5 was expensive to keep going wait untill you have to buy injecters for it. I talked to a guy that blew a head gasket on a d-max and it cost him 2500 to get repaired. They all break ,some just cost more to fix after the warrentee runs out.Besides what would I do if I couldn't tinker and improve something that was marginal in design.I owned a 82 olds 98 with the really marginal 5.7 diesel and it made it to 370,000 miles before it blew a head gasket.I like the challenge. Good luck with the d-max ,it'll be a few years before i can afford one. Barry

·
Registered
453 Posts
Any problems with the International motor?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yes it had oil leaks both vaulve covers ,front and rear seals all are fixed now it has a intermitten high rpm skip i dont know what it is maybe vaulve spring or cam or injector or ecm or injector pump nobody wants to work on a 6.5 around here they just throw parts at it every thing on this truck is new ive spent over $14,000.00 in parts and labor on this truck in the last 10 months its got fresh tranny ,brakes, bearings,tires,rear springs,shocks, glow plugs, i think this would be a good truck for someone who knows how to work on it.the suspect parts i listed are the only things that are not new the injectors are the only thing origanal. i have all service records since it was new.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dmax trivia as I threw in the towel after I wrecked my 6.5 then found a Dmax for 5k. Oil change 3 gallons($10-$20/gal), tranny fluid change 2 gallons transynd at $35 a gallon+$8 spin on filter(Allison), fuel filter about $36, injector just 1 is anywhere from $160 to $300+ each, mileage still around 20mpg give or take 2, rear differential 4qts at $9 each, maintenance cost are pricey. Try to get a 04.5 or up if you can, they say the injectors don't fail as often and are easier to replace. I got an 02, passed through your area driving it home. 1740 miles in 34 hours and never a problem.

Good side, intercooler is stock, runs a 100mph and you don't realize it, yep radio cranked looked down and I was cruising at 98mph and barely had the pedal pushed. The power, acceleration is no comparison to my old 6.5. She jumps up to 70 as quick as you get her straight on the ramp, add a $700 adjustable on the fly programmer and you got 500hp under your foot. Mines stock and when she revs up you feel it wanting to jump out from under you. Good luck on your search, run the vin on here before you buy one and see what the history is.

I do love my Dmax even if I am gonna drop over 1k on injectors in the near future.

·
Registered
996 Posts
i'll give you $58 and the left front tire from 98BuickRegalgs truck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
found a 07 leftover for $34k brand new. twin sister to my ol 98. dmax 6 spd tow haul i think its the begening of true love

·
Registered
440 Posts
Did you drive it yet? Freakin nice ain't it? Enjoy your new girl.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
found a 07 leftover for $34k brand new. twin sister to my ol 98. dmax 6 spd tow haul i think its the begening of true love
You could buy about 5 GM 6.5's for 34K.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.