Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been sitting at a desk too long....

Just curious, those easily reaching the top of the tank, do you have short beds? Without removing the muffler (Not going to be pretty) all I can do is BARELY touch the hose on top of the tank, let alone reach the fitting.

What is the torque spec on the rear driveshaft u joint? If I can get it down I should be okay.

If I can reach it one handed Ill be fine, just cant reach it!

/mumbles about being promoted to desk jobs.
Edited by: DMAX Daddy

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i have reached short, long (2500 & 3500) by sticking my arm up over the tank as i lay on my belly under the driveline.. just did a dually 30 minutes ago as a matter of fact! never removed the driveline or exhaust before. i don't even remove the big TFI tanks anymore.. maybe that's a sign that i've done way to many installs myself

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He He Im going to leave the wuss at home and do it tomorrow. I'll yank the exhaust and will be able to reach it.

I cant get my arm between the driveshaft and my Banks muffler, Ill try going up between the driveshaft and the tank.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
I have a banks muffler & big driveline and am able to sit upright under my truck between driveline and muffer easily.. on trucks w/ stock muffler i just stick my arm up there...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After dropping my exhaust (from the 4 bolt flange back) I easiliy got to the top of the fuel tank. That connection popped off easy, the fuel cooler one was a pain.

Only problem I had was 3 primes, and I needed to pull my filter head to make sure the 90 degree connectors were tight. No way on mine could I get a wrench to the front 90 degree connection.

Very well put together kit and worth every penny, and Im hard to please!

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Glad you like it.. let us know how it goes.. still trying to figure out exactly how many miles the big CAT filter can take..

Nick

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nick, I would guess how long the filter lasts would depend on the cleanliness of each user's fuel source. It will be interesting to see what range develops. I have 5000 miles on my first filter so far.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Diesel Power said:
as i lay on my belly under the driveline..

Too bad you don't live closer to me. I would let you use my hoist for your installs.

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
yes that would be very nice indeed :)

my buddy has a few but they are rated for 7-7.5k max and i just don't like putting the truck up there (he owns a BMW/Porsche shop)..

i think my filter will be a good test of time as i run some of the dirtiest pump diesel that i've seen sampled.. look at the results on my nicktane.com site. i'm going to cut it at 12k at the earliest. if i can make myself wait i'll go to 15k.

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts