Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can tell my tranny is about done, sorry to say :(. Running around in high level on my edge is not pleasing it. I limp at least once a week... it is now a weekly occurance to turn the truck off at a light, plug in the scanner real quick, clear the codes and be good to go again. Always 5th gear. Once the tranny has been damaged, can there be shift kits/etc that can be installed using the stock parts, or would I have to go to a whole new built tranny? What are my different options for levels of built-ness (is that a word? haha), along with pricing? Im running an edge, intake, no cat/muff as of right now. Im going to be stacking chips, with either the Diablo, or adding at least a PPE boost controller. Id also like to run propane once my tranny can handle it, so Im liking this to be able to take much abuse. Thanks

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
stage IV or V and be done with it.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Inglewood Transmissions
Call Mike (Mike L)
310 674 4400

Defiantly worth the trip down the 101 to LA.

SCIII with a TTS triple.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Inglewood Transmissions
Call Mike (Mike L)
310 674 4400

Defiantly worth the trip down the 101 to LA.

SCIII with a TTS triple.
Definitely the way to go. I had Mike put a Suncoast IV in mine last summer and I'm about 2 1/2 hours from his shop. There's an Enterprise car rental place not too far from his shop. I drove the truck there, rented a car and drove home. Came back the next day and I was good to go. There are also quite a few hotels and motels near there if you wanted to stay over for a day or two.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I believe your question has been answered :D .

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What kind of pricing am I looking at for that setup?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
sloduramax
I think pricing should be done in a pm or phone call. I would be happy to help you and discuss your options.mike

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike.... Ill give you a call in the morning. Thanks alot!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
built-ness+Mike L=Priceless):h

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
You atleast need new innards so a complete trans from suncoast or ats etc isnt needed, you could get by with a "kit" or even doing the transgo kit with a new aftermarket converter and new OEM clutches. Better to overbuild than underbuild so I would opt for a higher kit. A higher stage kit or a drop in trans definatly wouldnt hurt and what I'd look at if your talking adding lotsa power......but not required to get your truck moving again using moderate power.

Mike L is the man to call IMO

And you can get enough fuel via programin.....propan wont yield you much HP per dollar. Forget the propane unless its for other reasons than max HP(unless you are thinking of the nutty strap everything you can onto it level with nitrous etc in witch case :grd: )

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking about that..... if Im blowing smoke now, then propane is just going to add more fuel which is useless... so it looks like nitrous would be the way to go to get more air in there?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
the price is going to add up quick

Trans, torbo or tubos?, prop, stacked programer, and nitrous, sounds like an awsome way to drop a ton of money. Looks like about 15-20 thousand dollars depending how crazy you get.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
its ok money grows on trees

1 - 16 of 16 Posts