Diesel Place banner

What should I do in my current situation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I know it seems ive been mulling this over forever, but just when i was ready to make my decision...some people have made me start to have second thoughts...

Basically my options are:

1. BD Supermax right now.

2. Buy a used stock LLY charger for cheap, run it for a month or so until the supposed new turbos for the Dmax come out.

What I want...

1. 12's on fuel with a fairly heavy crew cab (tool box in bed)
2. lots of whistle!
3. No more than 47 PSI of boost or so; im NOT doing head studs.

Right now, twins are clear out of my price range...I could always wait till the end of the summer when ill have worked a lot tho...I still dont like how the engine compartment is a "mess", moving the battery etc... so I think id like an "awesome" single that is great for street, but can still flow well for good numbers at the track.

SUPPOSEDLY there are several more turbos coming out for the Dmax within the next couple months. Would it be worth me spending 300 dollars now on a stock charger and waiting?? I know thats a million dollar question... If its going to be more than 1.5-2 months wait, then forget it. Or should I just shut up, stop worrying, and go BD Supermax now? NOTHING annoys me more than to buy something big like this and then have it "outdated" a month later. If I buy something and more than 2 months later, something better comes out, thats not half as annoying if you know what I mean. I really dont know what to do here...:help:

thanks for the help and advice.
--Ben

·
Registered
851 Posts
Buy the BD then sell it to me when something better comes out.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I was thinking more like "let Ben spend all HIS money".

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The BD sounds right for what you want. If all you want is 47 PSI then the BD will give it to you. Its also based on the popular S-300 line of chargers. Plus it will be a one time job. If you put a stocker back on you'll have to do it twice when you upgrade. You also run the risk of blowing the stocker up again, and cleaning your IC.-:t Get the BD.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I like my BD :D

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Trade it in for a Powerjoke. They have better turbo's on the 6.slow!!):h ;)

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jeez guys... 50:50 poll... this isnt a help! :)

Hopefully by 5:00 or so the poll iwll be uneven so I can call Eric and tell him my decision..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
my questions is what info do you have on the upcoming turbos?? That might help in making your decision.

·
Registered
464 Posts
It looks like the BD is flowing more than enough air for any programs out there, and the compressor map looks pretty good (eventhough there are no numbers that I can find, the area is nice) so you should go for it immediately if not sooner.

I'll call Eric on your behalf!!):h ):h

ERIC!!!!!!!!!:help2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sounds like the BD is what you need. Why wait for something that may not even happen?

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No turning back now guys!

one BD Supermax turbo inbound from Holland, Michigan!!:ro)

So ill have the second LLY with a BD turbo...but maybe ill be the first to post results):h:joke: (wheres McRat!??)

--Ben

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Ben, I'm doing some testing. I wish you would have waited!! There is a new bad boy in town.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
You just can't stop, can you Ben? I hope you'll have someone with experience helping you this time....

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You just can't stop, can you Ben? I hope you'll have someone with experience helping you this time....
Gheeeesh that's a tad harsh .Well when he gets the time to do something real risky like a air cleaner change he can tap a expert like you :rolleyes:

I give Ben alot of credit for going it alone .Good luck Ben with your new turbo! If people had the balls you do they wouldn't be posting negativity!

Cheers buddy!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
The worst part of the BD install is the removal of the stocker.......once that is out and laying on the ground in a pool of your blood your smooth sailing.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I give Ben alot of credit for going it alone .Good luck Ben with your new turbo! If people had the balls you do they wouldn't be posting negativity!

Cheers buddy!
I give Ben credit too, I know because I do all of my stuff myself too. I just love the feeling when its done to know that you did all the work yourself! Good luck Ben I will be ordering my Suncoast IV in the next two weeks and will be installing it myself, hopefully I will be ordering a BD (or something cooler!) in the coming months and will be installing that myself. Did I mention that during all of this I will be enginnering a 4-link for a solid front axle converstion, fabbing it and installing it too. Just feels right to do it yourself!

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bobo-- haha oh well... :rolleyes: so will the tune you're working on not be any use with the BD? Is it soemthing special with the VVT? Send me an email... Im curious what you're cookin up!

Tom-- haha I sold my nav unit and stock center console...it was just the right amount of money for the BD! Couldnt help myself...you know me...million miles an hour or dead stopped! :) Im not too worried about the install...as Max Payne said, its more of a tedious PIA than it is actually "tricky" (like the Suncoast install)...if all else fails I can start a 30 some-odd page long thread and have you guys help me. :D

Mac-- thanks for the encouragment! hopefully this will go better than my last big project :eek: :)

Tys-- did you install yours yourself? I might be tapping your brain in a few days...

Epb-- thanks! good luckw ith that SFA. Let me know if you get stuck with the Suncoast installl...you sould be fine...its a piece of cake :D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.