Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week i'm sending in my 00 for a complete suspension package, 6" lift, triple front shock towers, probably going with the ladder bars on the back too, then there's the tires and rims that will be needed and the final piece to the puzzle to turn those new tires... an engine, cool.:D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
At least you have your priorities straight. :D

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
You must have forgot about the burning rubber part. You got to change the gear ratios to keep your bottom end torque.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Remeber to save some room in the budget for ur turbo and DP;) .

Why r u gonna do all this? Those front end lifts make noise, just to let u know, my buddies clicks and groans and it was a $2600.00 kit

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must have forgot about the burning rubber part. You got to change the gear ratios to keep your bottom end torque.
Didn't forget, truck tops out at 96 MPH with the 4.10's already, dunno what it will work out to with 33-35" rubber but we'll see.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Remeber to save some room in the budget for ur turbo and DP;) .

Why r u gonna do all this? Those front end lifts make noise, just to let u know, my buddies clicks and groans and it was a $2600.00 kit
I have a pro-comp kit in my 95 (probably going to nickg this weekend) and it has never given me an ounce of trouble with a great ride.

Don't worry about the budget, i have some left for you too but will likely need the stuff by 2 mondays from now as thats when i scheduled to put in the engine. Stuff is ordered including ladder bars and triple shock set-up. :) :ro)

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why r u gonna do all this?....
Cause..... don't wanna have a second rate truck??? I dunno....... cause i'm a sucker for punishment...... cause i could never do it when i was a kid? <<<-------Thats the one! :eek:

·
Registered
628 Posts
What lift are you going with for this truck? I am pretty sure that I am gong with a Tuff Country.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tell us about the engine.
I called DAS today, its all there but they want the guy that tore it down to finish it up, he's back on monday. They have to put in a mechanical pump to run it on the test bench to make sure all is ok and then put my pump back in. Should be outta there next wednesday if all is well.

I actually asked him if they were going to send me my engine back, he didn't appear to like that question but i needed to know or else i might have been calling JK. Once again it'll have rebuilt heads, new crank, balanced rotating assembly, splayed mains, 18:1's, gear set....and the list goes on...

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What lift are you going with for this truck? I am pretty sure that I am gong with a Tuff Country.
Pro-comp.

With all the bells and whistles about 5 G's installed with taxes. If i just did the 6" lift only it would be $3100 installed.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously thought about it but don't think i will.

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Gong Nuts is going to be driving "Riggers Rig"

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried to correct the gong thingy but didn't realize you can't edit the subject line....

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:funnypost .

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HEY? Who fixed that?? lol

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like the flames DP...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Why not an SAS, you can get it for same money no issues...I think North Shore Off Road does them here on the coast.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts