Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..To have things checked out. I've got almost 97,000 miles on the original injectors and am getting concerned about the amount of smoke I'm seeing at idle. I can't tell for sure if I'm putting fuel into the crankcase but I'm certainly not using any oil. My question is, if they say "everything checks out fine, it's normal" how hard should I push to just have them replaced anyway? Any good buzz words or phrazes I should use to stear them to the injectors before they even look at it? Anything else I should be having them look for before I hit the 100K mark?

oh ya, I've only had the truck for a year (+/- 12,000 miles) but love it, just wish I hadn't found so many new ways to spend money. It's not good when you find yourself hoping your trans will take a crap so you can upgrade.

Thanks in advance, you guys are gods(mostly)!

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
..To have things checked out. I've got almost 97,000 miles on the original injectors and am getting concerned about the amount of smoke I'm seeing at idle. I can't tell for sure if I'm putting fuel into the crankcase but I'm certainly not using any oil. My question is, if they say "everything checks out fine, it's normal" how hard should I push to just have them replaced anyway? Any good buzz words or phrazes I should use to stear them to the injectors before they even look at it? Anything else I should be having them look for before I hit the 100K mark?

oh ya, I've only had the truck for a year (+/- 12,000 miles) but love it, just wish I hadn't found so many new ways to spend money. It's not good when you find yourself hoping your trans will take a crap so you can upgrade.

Thanks in advance, you guys are gods(mostly)!
The way I understand it is that the injectors are covered till 200k miles. So you shouldn't have to worry about the 100k coming up.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wasn't worried about the injectors and the 100K but other things that might need to be looked at before then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Man farmdog your avitars mother must have spent a lot of time in the hog lot. Thats a snout only a sow could love. LOL

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man farmdog your avitars mother must have spent a lot of time in the hog lot. Thats a snout only a sow could love. LOL
Not so much time around the hogs, but boy does she like a good frozen horse turd treat.

And yup, intejectors ordered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts