Diesel Place banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Most insurance companies will make you buy a commercial policy for a 1 ton rated truck, or any truck used for business purposes.

Interestingly, I have commercial insurance on my 'Burb. Costs me about $70 more per year than the quote I got from the company that insures my wife's car.

BTW your 1994 looks great :clap:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the replies, guys!

I guess now would be a good time to ask.

With DS4 pumped trucks, is it considered normal
that the throttle response isn't as crisp as a mechanical injected truck?:confuzeld

My good truck is 4911 pumped, and it's a sharp, almost instant "Rrraap" when I blip the throttle.
Very responsive.

This truck is just kinda lazy.
It's like the data rate to/from the ECM is faster than the pump can actually respond.
A blip is more like a "....ummph". More like a weak delayed reaction.

Also, it's impossible to set and hold any RPM under about 2500 RPM with the truck in park.
If I try to creep the RPM up to, say 1200-1500 RPM, it just climbs right on past.

I swapped out 3 known good APPS, and still can't hold a specific RPM.
Accelerates fine in gear.

Mike

·
Registered
341 Posts
My truck acts the same way so either both our IP's are shot or that's just the way it is.
Stupid government!!!!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
If you can't maintain RPM then yea the IP is usually bad but throttle response is all in the tune and can be remedied. I have a Banks chip for sale in the parts forum that'll solve that problem for ya!

·
Registered
56 Posts
X2!

We have the 1994 factory manual in the 6.5 FAQ's.

I highly recommend you do this mod to the 1994: OPS Relay Mod

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT AS WELL! ONCE I DID THAT, I DIDN'T HAVE AN ISSUE FOR THE REST OF THE REMAINING 90K MILES I OWNED ONE.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
The kind of dark brown stripe? That's rust brown... :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts