Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dmax survived 14 days of blizzards and white outs. I only got stuck once. I wasnt looking at the road and drove into a ditch with 4 feet of powder. There was a big lip on the road that wouldnt allow me to drive back on.

I visited Yellowstone, Cooke city, Bryce canyon, Zion and the Grand Canyon. I drove over 3500 miles 2000 of which were in snow. I think I put about 1500 miles on the 4x4 unit.

Here are some of the 4400 pictures I took. They are small and took me 2 days to process. This is a quick and dirty showing. I will post better framed pics later.

The dmax ran perfect from temps ranging from -5 to 40f.

yellowstone trip

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Truck looks great with the winter cover on it! Nice Wheels! I just got back from Yosemite, wanted to put the winter cover on when I was up there, but by the time I remembered I had crud covering the whole front(Plan ahead). I had no problems with the Nictane set-up, was a little worried about it being exposed to the elements, But no Worries. Nothing like a Road trip!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice shots!!! Makes me want to travel. Being at work has a way of doing that too. How did your truck perform? Weren't you trying to work out a problem just before leaving? Looks like you had a great trip.

Mike

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
Man, those are some great pictures!! I've been to all those places, most more than once, but none in the winter, I'll be planing a trip for next year!

Thanks for sharing!

The only bad thing is it really makes me miss my home, big, wonderful Wyoming!!

Thanks again,

Ox

·
Registered
157 Posts
Awsome Pics!! Love the wildlife! Deffinetly gives me the fever.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Problemchild , too bad you didn't give me a shout when you were in town. I live between Cooke City and YNP. How did you like my little piece of the world??

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts