Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a good shop that would put in the transgo jr in southern to central, IL ..most people around here do not want to do it ...if you know who to try PM me and let me know..thanks....or if there is anyone around IL that has done it I would be willing to drive to meat you and pay to help me ..thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
It is not really that hard, I know it can be intimidating tearing into a 40K+ truck.. all you are doing is dropping the valve body.. there is a lot of information on valve body removal and then replace the two valve and looks like you enlarge a hole in the separator plate... just need fluid, and I would change the internal filter when your in there..
Good Luck,

Jon

Oh yeah check here there maybe someone close who is willing to lend a helping hand..
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18547

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Its pretty easy and I'm sure you can do it! If you just want a hand I'm willing help but you will have to drive to Peoria. If it wasnt freaking cold I would say we could do it in my drive in springfield but I'm a wussy and want a heated garage this time of year ):h

Or call suncoast and see were the closest recomended installer is to ya :)

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks ...i am in bloomington IL all the time...my wifes family and my brother is a Normal pig...Ha Ha...if i still havent got it done by nice weather maybe ill get a hold of ya ...or if you think about it in spring PM me and maybe we can work something out...thanks again

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
hey man did you give boller transmissions a try in lawernceville. they are really good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts