Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall ever reading about this problem, so here it goes. I get a lot of noise when listening to AM radio. It's like ignition noise on a gas engine but more noise or less noise when the engine revs not changing pitch.

There must be a loose or unshielded wire somewhere. Any thoughts on where I should start my search?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Capacitor

It would have to be on the 12V primary side since there is no secondary side because of no ignition system. You could put a capacitor on your alternator, or replace the one that's there. I'm still new to my truck and I don't know if there is a capacitor on the alternator from the factory or whether it's built into the radio hot wire. But either way I think the cap is bad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If it is the 95 in your sig, then i would bet that you have removed (or by someone else) the filter harness from the optic sensor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Radio ant cable has a connection underhood. This connection takes on moisture and corodes the cable internally. Both cables (one from radio to connection and one from connection to ant base) will likely need to be replaced. I have replaced many of these on gas and diesel trucks over the years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts