Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8,124 miles and my pitman and idler arm are junk... No drag racing, very limited offroading, and no lift. I should have never sold my SFA Chevy! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I'd bet a dozen donuts your torsion bars are cranked...

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'll throw in a cup of coffee too. Thats the reason I went with RCD, keeps the steering geometry the same.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
SFA it and :grd: . Nothing like a good ol' strait axle.:exactly:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Thats the exact reason that I am doing it!

03 GMC 2500HD CC/SB D-Max
Magnaflow "Cool Duals"
Juice w/ A2
Soon to have a SFA!!!

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
If you had 37,000 miles, I'd say get pissed. As it is, take it in and get the parts replaced under your warranty. Just make sure and put the t-bars down first.

MaxPayne.....you seem to like donuts lately. Krispy Kreme or Dunkin? :lol:

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Krispy Kreme-:t Dunkin:drool:

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
As a true donut aficionado, I feel I am qualified to say what the best kind of donut is:

Free!:lol:

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts
They wear out on stock height trucks too. A fresh set of joints with the Cognito braces will tighten it back up and keep it there quite well.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
As a true donut aficionado, I feel I am qualified to say what the best kind of donut is:

Free!:lol:
I would have to agree, but I just can't bring myself to dive in the dumpster after them. :muahaha:

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Ben just wishes he was the popular guy at the nudist colony..
You know, the guy that can carry two pots of coffee and a dozen donuts ):h

·
Registered
201 Posts
I sense a slight amount of anger in your statement :) I will have to get my steering shaft replaced for the second time this makes # 3 when I get it replaced . 15,500 miles

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stock ifs is really not that great swap it out for a straight axle
I'd love to, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which bank to rob in order to finance the swap. Also, it pisses me off that I should have to even consider cutting up a brand new $40,000 truck in order to make it reliable. My t-bars are cranked, but only a couple turns (not maxed out). I'm really considering trading this POS in on a new Yukon for the wife and buying myself another mid-'80's Chevy that I'll never have to worry about another pitman or idler arm again. I hate Fords, but at least they have REAL suspension...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know some people have had bad luck with these ifs trucks, but I have had a bunch of them personally and in our fleet. we have had very little trouble with them. I put one ball joint in at 65000 on my personal truck. ( torsion bars almost maxed out ). and that is about it. Hope you have better luck in the future.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wonder how many pitman and idler arms you can replace for the price of a SFA install?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I wonder how many pitman and idler arms you can replace for the price of a SFA install?
:iamwithst :funnypost Sort of...:cool:

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
It's not totaly a price thing.It's about having the best and the toughest.And you can't beat a D60 for a front end. Those who do it won't have to worry about tie rod sleeves or a center link.That's a $550 savings. If you don't beat on it it's probably not worth it but to me it is,if I can ever convince myself to torch my $40k truck :rolleyes: .I should just go do it and :grd: .

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'd love to, but I'm having a hard time figuring out which bank to rob in order to finance the swap. Also, it pisses me off that I should have to even consider cutting up a brand new $40,000 truck in order to make it reliable. My t-bars are cranked, but only a couple turns (not maxed out). I'm really considering trading this POS in on a new Yukon for the wife and buying myself another mid-'80's Chevy that I'll never have to worry about another pitman or idler arm again. I hate Fords, but at least they have REAL suspension...
You're killing me here. :duh:You f'ed with the suspension geometry by tweaking the torsion bars, it breaks, then you bit*ch about it. Why don't you use the truck as it was intended, lift it correctly, or buy a Ford. You made your brand new truck unreliable, not GM. Live with it.:shootself

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yeah I wish I had a mid 80's chevy with a solid front axle and 150 hp that you could barely pull the knob of your johnson off with. But I guess I'll settle for my peice of crap 01 duramax with IFS. Piece of junk anyway! Ha Ha.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts