Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned my 2004 Chevy 2500HD CC for less than one week and I already have the modification bug. This is my first truck and I don't want to impulsively add items that could harm it. I'm not mechanically inclined but I am quick and attentive learner.

The questions I have are: 1)Is there a logical order to add upgrades? and 2)If you could do it again, what would you add?

Thanks for your advice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I added a better-than-OEM air filter, then the Juice box, then replaced that with the Attitude/Juice box. Next step - if I get around to it - will be a Flowmaster muffler, but right now it's more than I absolutely need. Thought about a better fuel filter but balanced that against my penchant for new trucks occasionally and figured the warranty will cover me 'till I trade up.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Well, maybe if I had more discretionary income I'd get something to read and reset codes but only for curiosity sake, not "need."

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
I would first check all fluids in diff's and make sure it's been greased.

Then add a Nicktane filter, a performance exhaust 4" like a BANKS, and an AFE or similiar 2 stage intake.

Then get some good boost and pyro gauges, pillar or console mounted.

Now you are set-up for performance modifications.

Then start saving for a performance tuner or box, remember a tranny will be in your future if you exceed 90 hp over stock on a regular basis .

I wish you luck, start posting the MOD's

T
NY

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Shocks!

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
My mods went as follows:

Shocks at 100 miles.

Wheels and tires at 3,000 miles.

Juice at 3,000 miles.

Nerf steps so my family could get in and out of the truck 3,000 miles.

Attitude at 21,000 miles. (That when it was released from Edge)

Banks Monster exhaust coming at 24,000 miles.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Do yourself a favor and wait for the other mod's until you get the fuel filtration issue squared. If you don't know, you need to get a secondary after market fuel filter or risk some problems down the line. My filters have a life of about 8,000 miles from what I'm seeing on mine bone stock.

·
Registered
570 Posts
TTT this is a great thing to hear about.... keep um coming... i'm getting ready to mod and wanna know whats the best route to take ...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
why would want to modify a perfectly good truck

·
Registered
570 Posts
sdaver said:
why would want to modify a perfectly good truck

LOL..... cuz it was made by a GM....
there's alwayz room for improvement

·
Banned
394 Posts
6 MILES BFG TIRES, MUST HAVE

27 MILES K&N, SHOULD COME FROM THE FACTORY

67 MILES EDGE JUICE, CANT DRIVE WITHOUT IT

15000 NEW EDGE WITH ATTITUDE AND AUTOMETER GUAGES BEST THING SINCE THE TELEPHONE

17000 WARN TRANSFORMER AND 9.5I, BRANDED THE LIFE SAVER

22000 LINE-X ,MONEY WELL SPENT

24000 BLACK LOW PROFILE TOOLBOX, BOUT TIME I GUESS

28000 ORDERING BANKS EXHAUST, WISHY WASHY BOUT THAT ONE

1 - 11 of 11 Posts