Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had 01 GMC crew dmax 4x4 in to get front end aligned today. Couldn't do the alignment because my inner tie rod ends along with the pitman and idler arms are wore. The question that I have is that I was told that the idler arm is a 2 piece design and that the shop could locate all of the parts that were necessary to put it back together with MOOG parts except for the idler arm bracket/pivot assembly. Is this something that must be changed when you change the idler arm? Just wondered if this part wears out like the idler arm or if you could just use the old bracket? I did a search and found the thread that lists the NAPA part number for the bracket but wanted to see if this part is necessary before I bought it. Thanks

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The bracket will not be worn out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Prior to my steering upgrades, I found that my idler bracket was just as worn out as the rest of the components. I bought a unit from www.supersteer.com for about $200.00. Do a search on here and you will find pics of the bracket. It has a lifetime warranty and is made extremely well. The company that makes it is called Henderson Line-up and they are located in Oregon.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
The super steer is an excellent product. Although installing it with the cognito brace are a pain in the A$$!

·
Registered
290 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts