Diesel Place banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Duramax 4x4, it sometimes idles a little rough, I can feel a slight shake movement, it's not smoking or anything; don't even notice any RPM change, seems like a miss. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

·
Registered
265 Posts
could be your fuel pressure regulator.... Might try and change your fuel filter first though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the fuel filter already. How long is the warranty on the fuel regulator?

Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
The regulator is only covered under emmisions warranty which is only 80,000km.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If you aren't experiencing a rpm flucuation I don't think that is the regulator though. Possible injector. Can you monitor the balance rates???

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How many miles is the fuel pressure regulator warrantied for; I have 45,000 and did not get any extended coverage.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, I don't have any programmer, if thats what it takes. Truck is stock, only have blocker plate mod.

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
check the rail pressure sensor plug in on the drivers side of the fuel rail.

while they are not known to be troublesome, they can make intermittent contact and cause some shake. Also check your injector harness for any chafing.

Barring that, clean your MAF sensor. These are simple things which may or may not help, but only take an hour to check.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Took mine to the dealer for about the same problem and they had to replace 2 injectors and the injector pump. 100% warranty up to 100K.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you clean MAF

How do you clean your MAF and where is it?

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The mass air flow sensor is on the air box cover where you filter is there wires going to it, To clean it I use contact cleaner.
My truck had a rough idle and the dealer found that the filter head had a hair line crack and would act up when it was realy cold out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts