Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric...My '03 GMC DMAX with 6500 miles has started to surge / lope when it idles. Its most noticable when cold. When cold, the idle speed seems to vary around 100 rpm. Its also starting much harder cold and slightly harder when warm. I suspected either fuel or filter, but neither a new filter or new fuel changed anything. I'm getting ready to take it in, but thought I'd see if you had any thoughts first.

Thanks!

Scott

On Edit: I just replaced my fuel filter before this started. During the bleeding process, I pumped only until I saw fuel in the threaded hole for the bleeder screw. Could I have not bled the system enough, and still have trapped air?Edited by: Roegs

·
Registered
365 Posts
Roegs,

I had the same problem. It was cured with a new pressure regulator. Bummer of it was the expense, close to $1,000, to replace it at my local dealer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I think I got a little lucky on this one. After my original bleeding of air, I just lightly tightened the plastic bleed screw so as not to damage it. Well, it came loose (I was leaking fuel). After re-bleeding and tightening the screw, all is well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts