Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I installed the mbrp turbo back exhaust my idle changes sound as it sits there. It gets louder and softer. Turbo hiss doesnt change. Im thinking it might be the egr valve opening and closing? Anybody Else have this problem after an exhaust install?

Truck still runs perfect and no lights yet. I have about 300mi on the exhaust.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yes, it is normal. I think I read somewhere that it was the vanes in the turbo changing position or something. But to answer your question, there is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
As codythom, said it is completely normal. It does it before you change the exhaust too, you just can't hear it as much.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
yeah ive noticed it will vary between a deep rumble (almost like an LB7) and then suddenly change to having no "bass"

--Ben

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I'm going to play around with my vane control to see if I can get the nice rumble at idle. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
I didnt notice it either till I put stacks on my truck, glad to here it is normal

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah ive noticed it will vary between a deep rumble (almost like an LB7) and then suddenly change to having no "bass"

--Ben
thanks for the replies guys. Exactly what i was thinking about having no "bass" all of a sudden

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i have heard that to in my cousin's truck sounds like it is normal

·
Registered
63 Posts
does a turbo back exhaust sound any different, like is their more turbo sound becuase thats what i want i want just turbo blowing in the wind

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
it sounds a lot different you get a loader whissle from the turbo and a filter kit will even make it souund better

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
does a turbo back exhaust sound any different, like is their more turbo sound becuase thats what i want i want just turbo blowing in the wind
the 06 turbo sounds so good at full throttle its worth it to go turbo back imo. With the windows up, it doesnt sound too different, but with windows down the turbo is always heard.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok who sells a turbo back exhaust for an 06 hurry some one tell me so i can buy one...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
if you buy t-back all will work...mbrp, silverline, bullydog, etc..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine does the same. Slightly louder and a more pronouced whine from the turbo at low to mid level rpm. All good to me.:)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Stupid question time ... Is the only (exhaust) difference between a turbo back and cat back exhaust system the deletion of the cat when a turbo back system is installed? And, if so, is that why some trucks throw codes (because the cat has been neutered)?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
turbo back means that it is it has a down pipe from the turbo and doesn't mean the cat is gone. a cat back system is just from the cat back just like the name says and no down pipe. IMO the turbo back is the only way to go because you get rid of that restrictive oem down pipe
so a turbo back system can have a cat or not it is up to you if you run it or not

1 - 20 of 20 Posts