Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at running boards from Innovative Creations that bolt directly to the body mounts, no drilling. The concept seams sound. Anybody have any history with these boards?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
A friend had the ICI SS tube bars.. They mounted nice... But looked like crap in 6 months..... They were not made real well... He pitched them and bought the westins.... Take a look at the quality before you purchase..... JMO

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have ICI S/S kick out nerfs. They look and fit very well. My only complaint is the plastic treads are getting a little loose. I plan on installing new treads later. I'm not familiar with the running boards they make though...

(edit) I have had the nerfs since I bought the truck in 09/01.

Kevin
Edited by: Fireman

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I had a set of these on my K1500 and always had problems with "plastic step pad" piece tabs breaking off. I also went to Westin's and have no complaints at all with them.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Westin's mount to the body mounts as well. Very easy to install. I went with the Platinum series which are chrome plated stainless steel. That is the only way to go IMO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a set of Stull's, they bolt to the frame via brackets as well, no drilling. 2 1/2" dia. SS tube with SS top with rubber tread. They look and fit very well. Besides, they support my 260lb azz too!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts