Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen,

I've followed the "ice pick fix" threads for some time and had the need to try it last week.

Stopped at an intersection, 3 miles from home, and the check engine light comes on as the truck goes into limp mode. Now I know what limp mode means as far as the tractor noise, engine shake, and absolute lets accelerate like a snail.

Once home, the code reader kicked out a P0201, intermittent firing circuit of injector # 1. I refreshed my memory on the ice pick threads in this forum, pierced the injector connector in question, cleared the code, fired the truck up ... and no more limp mode. A 1500 miles trip confirmed the fix.

For those of you who haven't had the need to try the fix, it works. As for me, once I get some projects around the house that my bride wants done, I'm going to dig through all of the plumbing and wiring on the valve covers of the Duramax and ice pick all of the remaining seven injector connectors.

Thanks go out to all who came up with the fix and shared it with the forum members, and those who keep this forum up to date.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Glad it worked for you.
Yes,this forum is a great resource.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Gentlemen,

I've followed the "ice pick fix" threads for some time and had the need to try it last week.

Stopped at an intersection, 3 miles from home, and the check engine light comes on as the truck goes into limp mode. Now I know what limp mode means as far as the tractor noise, engine shake, and absolute lets accelerate like a snail.

Once home, the code reader kicked out a P0201, intermittent firing circuit of injector # 1. I refreshed my memory on the ice pick threads in this forum, pierced the injector connector in question, cleared the code, fired the truck up ... and no more limp mode. A 1500 miles trip confirmed the fix.

For those of you who haven't had the need to try the fix, it works. As for me, once I get some projects around the house that my bride wants done, I'm going to dig through all of the plumbing and wiring on the valve covers of the Duramax and ice pick all of the remaining seven injector connectors.

Thanks go out to all who came up with the fix and shared it with the forum members, and those who keep this forum up to date.
Your welcome.i came up with the ice pick fix under the user sideswiper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts