Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I 'am all most done with my newer D max, I have been working on it for about half of this year now and when it ready to drive, I have been thinking about getting pretty crazy with the 99 6.5 dually. Should I put a sick 6.5 or 6.6. The dually is my every day driver right now there is nothing wrong with it. Not to worried about the cost for the most part I seem to never get the money out of any of the custom truck I been building.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Personally I would just enjoy it. My goal with my truck is just to make it look a little nicer then stock and keep it reliable so I can just enjoy it.

·
Knows The 6.5
3,142 Posts
I guess it all depends on how much money you're willing to sink into the project, I'd assume you can get a little more exotic with what can be done to the Dmax (Drag racing, sled pulling) Personally, my 6.5 is my ONLY driver, so I watch what I do to it, cause I can't keep it off the road. Also... if the wife says leave it alone, and you don't, I hope you got a damn nice dog house to stay in :D I like what you have done to your dually though, I like this body style, and I also like the 6.5, I'd just kill myself with more power then what I can get out of it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I 'am all most done with my newer D max, I have been working on it for about half of this year now and when it ready to drive, I have been thinking about getting pretty crazy with the 99 6.5 dually. Should I put a sick 6.5 or 6.6. The dually is my every day driver right now there is nothing wrong with it. Not to worried about the cost for the most part I seem to never get the money out of any of the custom truck I been building.
i would vote, sick 6.5 every1 has a dmax or ps,cummins. give the 6.5 some love:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts