Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated above! Today I got my Stanadyne from the brown truck. I got a case of 8 oz performance one shots. Went to station and filled up, reset trip "A" to zero, and zeroed mpg. I made my 10 mile trip to the house and could not believe my eyes.....19.1 when I pulled into drive way and even had a little scuffle with a CTD on the interstate. Dont start flaming me about the DIC as I always hand calculate when I fill up. It's just that I have never seen this high of a number (on DIC) since I got this truck! I have 7,562 miles on it since first week of October, so I have done this same trip a few times. I have been getting 13.5-14.5 mpg (hand calculated) since I got it so any help will be welcomed. Its smoother and quieter as most have stated. I am officially switching from Power Service to Stanadyne as of right now. Sorry for carrying on but Im very happy right now!
:ro)
On edit.. the DIC usually only runs 1-1.5 mpg different from hand calculate

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
floriduramax1;1581084; said:
As stated above! Today I got my Stanadyne from the brown truck. I got a case of 8 oz performance one shots. Went to station and filled up, reset trip "A" to zero, and zeroed mpg. I made my 10 mile trip to the house and could not believe my eyes.....19.1 when I pulled into drive way and even had a little scuffle with a CTD on the interstate. Dont start flaming me about the DIC as I always hand calculate when I fill up. It's just that I have never seen this high of a number (on DIC) since I got this truck! I have 7,562 miles on it since first week of October, so I have done this same trip a few times. I have been getting 13.5-14.5 mpg (hand calculated) since I got it so any help will be welcomed. Its smoother and quieter as most have stated. I am officially switching from Power Service to Stanadyne as of right now. Sorry for carrying on but Im very happy right now!
:ro)
On edit.. the DIC usually only runs 1-1.5 mpg different from hand calculate
Congrats - Enjoy... I am recently switched to Stanadyne myself...:ro)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Don't like getting my hopes up, but the stuff seems to make a very sizable difference in my 07 with 2,500 miles. I can see a 1.5-3 difference between tanks with and without. Running 16.1 DIC all city with. Last tank without was 14.1 or so and softer driving. DIC may be off, but its usually off consistantly so far. Its usually down 1 to 1.5 from actual. I'm sold on it.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Why do all the new diesels get such bad milage?
Do they have a GVW of like 8,000lb or some thing?

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well after emptying that tank my final was 16 mpg. Thats more than ever so far. And I did a lot of playing when I went to Daytona last weekend:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts