Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a edge juice w/ attitude and 4 turbo back exhaust the first day it curned smoke now it only puffs is the a problem? or do i need to adjust with tha attitude?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Make sure low boost fueling is set to level 5. Also level 4 will give best fueling as level 5 can and will limp the transmission. Plus at 125hp extra and less you dont get a whole lot of smoke

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Also, punch up the engine temp on the att. If your not up to the operating temp (174 I think) your not getting full power. I only point this out because I overlook this inmoprtant little fact when I installed.:eek::

·
Registered
193 Posts
imo with nice new electronic advancements smoke isnt always power anymore point in case lbz 650ftlbs no smoke the old banks theory that smoke is power was probably true with old diesels not true on the 6.6 to me the system is designed to be efficient and still make power once again imo the only smoke u should see is from the tires. black smoke is unburned fuel how is not burned fuel making you power again i forget? black smoke- too much fuel not enouh boost/airflow.....

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
either way i hear ya 2003dmax I too love the black stuff even if it isn't always power. I know this is half the reason I own a diesel is to see it pour out when I'm passing someone.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Your gonna have to get up around 200 extra horses before you see a lotta smoke, iv played around with a few boxes and programmers around 100 horse and they just dont cut it as far as smoke goes.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
black smoke is unburned fuel how is not burned fuel making you power again i forget? black smoke- too much fuel not enouh boost/airflow.....
And with the current cost of fuel these days......I want all my fuel burned! ):h ;) :exactly:

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
And with the current cost of fuel these days......I want all my fuel burned! ):h ;) :exactly:
There are ways to fix that..... use a bigger loud spinny thing.:ro)

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
There are ways to fix that..... use a bigger loud spinny thing.:ro)
Don't let my wife catch you talking to me about upgrades!:eek: ):h ):h

·
Registered
10,516 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
don't forget that you also have a rice burner!!!!it's Japanese Izuzu

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The Duramax Engine may be made in Japan, but the Storm Cloud that chases me down the road is 100% American. :ro) :ro) :ro)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The Duramax is made in Ohio, all rights are owned by GM and GM owns part od izuzu
Sorry about that, I'm retarded. :crazy: :duh:

I seriously didn't know they were assemblied in Ohio. Always figured they were shipped over. :think:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The Duramax is made in Ohio, all rights are owned by GM and GM owns part od izuzu

I seriously didn't know they were assemblied in Ohio. Always figured they were shipped over. :think:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
The plant is just outside of Dayton isn't it? Moraine? The last time I was in Dayton I drove by it just to take my truck back to the place it was born :)

·
Registered
10,516 Posts

We had our doubts.... that is until you posted the same thing twice!):h

1 - 20 of 28 Posts