Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a straight pipe on my stock exhaust and have swiss cheesed my air box. It sounds great like a dump truck, I love it now i wanted to know how i could make it blow some black smoke when i floor it. I dont have any other mods done to it yet any help would be great.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Edge on 5 will do it for about 700$$$

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Edge on 5 will do it for about 700$$$
And after you do that a while, save up another $4000 for the tranny rebuild, and then go do it some more...:D
JP

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet oh wait i dont have 4700 bucks laying around:(

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
take off charger
dirty airfilter
predator/edge/ect set on 'kill'
nice dose of lp

but a truck that makes black smoke and isn't fast is just wrong. black smoke is just wasted fuel and power.

buuuuut.... with everything you have stock, buying a $300 diablosport predator will do the trick.

remember, when your dickin' around making black smoke clouds all day your fuel gauge goes down QUICK.

·
Registered
194 Posts
And after you do that a while, save up another $4000 for the tranny rebuild, and then go do it some more...:D
JP
I've had my edge for 2 years and use stage 5 alot and never a tranny issue yet. They say the edge is the limit as far as keeping the tranny stock. If you want to ADD more power like a PPE Hot or whatever on top of the Edge you will need to build the tranny.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
:exactly: black smoke is just unburbed fuel and also raises your EGT.

take off charger
dirty airfilter
predator/edge/ect set on 'kill'
nice dose of lp

but a truck that makes black smoke and isn't fast is just wrong. black smoke is just wasted fuel and power.

buuuuut.... with everything you have stock, buying a $300 diablosport predator will do the trick.

remember, when your dickin' around making black smoke clouds all day your fuel gauge goes down QUICK.

·
Registered
57 Posts
:exactly: black smoke is just unburbed fuel and also raises your EGT.
I got no EGT issues when I make smoke:eek:
A little smoke waiting for the turbo to catch up is nothing bad:cool:

It is a waste of fuel, :lol: just like drinking beer is a waste :blahblah: The beer just goes right through):h

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the advise maybe I will forget about the smoke for now

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Smart move.
It also pisses people off and makes them write letters to treehuggers who then demand even MORE emissions crap.

We've been very lucky from 1974 until 2007, where we have benefitted from the transportation lobbyists persuading politicians that our emissions are large particulate and settle quickly to the ground (which they do) and that our volumetric efficiency is so high that we produce little true pollution (which is true)....

But we are now facing Federal regulation and will be facing the same issues as gassers in the coming years. They lost lead, we've now lost sulfer.

Blowing black smoke, when it's possible to get a better fuel burn is as immature as burning the tires from a stoplight.

Ya... it's a lot of fun and we all like to do it every now and then, but it really isn't the smart thing to do.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Smart move.
It also pisses people off and makes them write letters to treehuggers who then demand even MORE emissions crap.

We've been very lucky from 1974 until 2007, where we have benefitted from the transportation lobbyists persuading politicians that our emissions are large particulate and settle quickly to the ground (which they do) and that our volumetric efficiency is so high that we produce little true pollution (which is true)....

But we are now facing Federal regulation and will be facing the same issues as gassers in the coming years. They lost lead, we've now lost sulfer.

Blowing black smoke, when it's possible to get a better fuel burn is as immature as burning the tires from a stoplight.

Ya... it's a lot of fun and we all like to do it every now and then, but it really isn't the smart thing to do.
You sound kinda grumpy today...You are'nt growing up are you???:muahaha: Treehuggers SUCK!:eek:

·
Registered
241 Posts
roach, i just got a diablosport predator, and i like it. If you want it to smoke, put it on 85 or 120 HP and anything half throttle or more looks like a dump truck smokin, or if u decide u dont want smoke, set it back to stock or 40 HP and go on your way. you decide............!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ya... they do suck.... but if we can avoid pissing them off, then maybe they won't keep shutting down areas where we can 4x4 and ride our dirtbikes.
You know that ain't happening. Nothing will satisfy the folks that want to keep your dirt bike outa the peoples woods. Your right to have fun is interfearing with the wild life the quiet the ... even if it is in a designated area. Animal X might want to go there and you are making niose, your presence is changing the way they act,:blahblah:

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
:exactly:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.