Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day i was on some backroads and set the edge to level 5 and was seeing the 1/4 mile time and 0-60 since i added the ppe fuel valve and boost stick and stuff. All of a sudden, 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th gear went out and my check engine light came on. I drove to my shop in 3rd gear and checked it with my obd scanner and cleared the two codes, cant remember what the second one was but i think the first one was a 1020 or something it said transmission control malfunction. I cleared the code and now my tranny works normal. Anyone else have this happen? What do i need to get to stop this. I'm sure a transmission kit will help but is there a cheaper solution to this?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds like you limped your tranny. Do a search on this and it will tell you all about it. Like many on here have said: "You have to pay to play, get that tranny upgraded!!"

Hop

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Yes I had this happen and you need some trans work done. Clutches are damaged now but no bad enough to keep you from enjoying your truck. Just not with the Edge as it seems you like to play hard. Cheapest solution is a Torque converter upgrade, Transgo shift kit and replace any damaged clutches. But after all that you could just pay a little more $$ and get a Suncoast or an ATS upgrade.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I limped mine, last summer,but my truck was stuck in 4th, and juss the other day, this ford was realy wanting me to race, so i bumped the power to KILL!!!!! and it was on, i cought & passed this dumb A** and felt it shift in to 5th and kept it hammered, 116 mph is when i let off, and remembered WTF am i doing!!!! i have limped it once. 170 is what its rated at and i never limped it, i have been told that once you limp it will be easyer to do, can anybody tell me why it dident limp? One thing i do notice is its bucking from 3rd to 4th AGAIN!!!! i had a tranny tech tell me that the TCM is very good @ correcting bucking/harsh shifting. But mine will require a tech-2 to fix it.Whats wroung w/the tcm not fixing it???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts