Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think that I can now join the limp club. I just got my Edge J/A installed and went for a test drive. I set up the Edge to do a 1/4-mile test. Set the Edge up on level 4. Built up some boost then launched it. The result was some tire spin in 4X4:D. I ran it up almost to the end of the 1/4 when all of a sudden the RPM's shot up and the truck quit pulling until I slowed down. The Edge showed me a [email protected] I pulled it over and shut it down, restarted it and it seems to be back to normal other than the SES light being on. What is weird is the trans had been in 5th for a while before it did this. How do I get the SES light to go out now? Level 4 is supposed to be a 90 HP setting so why did it slip 5th with only 90 Hp?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Get the codes scanned to know for sure but it sure sounds like you limped it with the RPM jump you described. Did the trans downshift and stick in that gear?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a code reader; I'll find some one who does. When I slowed down some it went into 4th and stayed until I shut it down.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I learned quick to lock out OD. The first time i limped it it scared the crap out of me -:t
I just installed the lock out switch for 5th, the problem is that it won't even think about running the 1/4 in 4th without hitting the rev limiter.:( I bet that Edge could add something to cut back the power in 5th for us stock tranny guys.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts