Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my truck to J&D Performance Dyno on Saturday 2/4/06 and put some numbers down:D Runs were done with PPE Hot/VA 180, PPE boost controller @32lbs and nitrous (.089 jet). It did:
630.4 hp @ 2600 rpm
1272.7 ft lbs @ 2600 rpm:eek:

Without the N2O it did
423.8 hp @ 2700 rpm
852.1 ft lbs @ 2450 rpm

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
your running the regular hot or the hot +2? i cant get hot+2 and VA180 to play nice...only hot+2/va90...if yours plays nice i want to know how.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Way to go:ro) :ro)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Nice job. Too bad you couldn't have done it last Saturday when everyone was there.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
those are some good numbers man

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
yeah that might be the hightest way to go

·
Registered
321 Posts
Will spinning tires result in unacurate HP or torque reading? i was at 582 and 1298.9. before the +2, does that mean my truck is closer to 600RWHP?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Over 200hp with a .089 jet:confused: That doesn't seem right to me. I run a .082 with a .073 Whats the hp#'s on that, like 350hp? It just seems high to me

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thats right. took me a .102 to do that. no boost controller and before the +2

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
what kinda dyno is that?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Also, FWIW I think that dynos are all sort of bovine feces. I think that the real truth is spoken at the track, by time slips. Check out my numbers[in sig], those were on a dynojet about a week ago. Now there were things to take into consideration, correction factor, type of dyno, weather, whatever. I still think Casper would smoke me, who knows. Congrats on your numbers, that rules and now you got me thinking about drugs.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
the amount of excess fuel has a great factor in the amount of hp that nitrous adds...

i seen same day results where one tune with nitrous adds almost doubble to another tune with the same jet sise... the more the smoke the more added power with nitrous

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Without the N2O it did
423.8 hp @ 2700 rpm
852.1 ft lbs @ 2450 rpm
I think there is something wrong with this number seems to low to me. Should be 450 to 475 :confused: Which would then make sense with the nitrous to be 630.

Blue and Casper are running much bigger numbers with almost the exact same setup.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think there is something wrong with this number seems to low to me. Should be 450 to 475 :confused: Which would then make sense with the nitrous to be 630.

Blue and Casper are running much bigger numbers with almost the exact same setup.
Kat, he is not running the hot+2. Hot only on VA180. Little different setup.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not bad for a LiLLY huh?;) I have the hot+2 but am running it on level 3 which ppe told me was the reg hot. I run the reg hot with VA on 180 and it smokes alot):h This tuning really likes nitrous):h VA 180 dont run good with ppe hot+2. Ive read that the size of your nitrous lines, solenoid, etc effects how much power you get out of a certain size jet. It wouldve been nice to do this last weekend at the dyno day and had the chance to be in a magazine:( Dieselrcr337, It looks like you made a little more torque than me but 50 hp less. At what rpm was your peak torque? Maybe its the big WCDP sticker on my back window:lol2:

Nate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.