Diesel Place banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, updated to V7.5 with all the new gucci **** jumped in the truck and went to do a full re-flash because I had modified tunes 3 & 4 for my DSP5. Flash started like normal and then out of no were right after it erased my ECM the V2 and laptop quit talking to each other and failed my flash. Now I cannot re-flash the truck at all. I have been through this before but I need suggestions...

Bentley

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a Bench Harness... I could make one... What are you saying though?? That I would be able to re-cover it if I had a bench harness?? It says boot loader rejected every time I try and re-flash.

Bentley

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
That sucks man...let me know if you need help I will be on your side of town in a bit.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Gotta watch out for those aftermarket head units on 2003 and later trucks. They will tease you. Some will let you flash some won't. :(

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really don't think that is what caused the problem... But I am open to ideas at this point...

Bentley

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Gotta watch out for those aftermarket head units on 2003 and later trucks. They will tease you. Some will let you flash some won't. :(
I'm not so sure its the head unit, but rather could be Sirius Satallite tuner. I've had Clarion and Pioneer head units and I have to kill the radio fuse to flash either one. Not really a big deal now as I have a toggle switch to kill the fuse rather than pulling it, I do have to reset the radio stations though everytime.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
merry christmas, to Bentley! From, your truck :D

It could be the aftermarket radio adapter...I have a factory radio but my ipod adapter for it causes all sorts of problems when I try ti reflash with it hooked up

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have to pull fuses on mine, stock head unit but I have 4 8" subs/amp and sirius radio. I also tuned an LB7 with a kenwood that required the fuses to be pulled.

Sucks you have to buy a new ECM, hope you get the problem worked out so it doesn't happen again.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm looking at efi live. Still looking for the best deal:D. Just a thought, can you get a virus from youre computer and put it in the ECM?

·
Registered
596 Posts
That'd be like writing a virus for a Mac, wouldn't it? Not nearly a popular enough operating system for a hacker to even bother trying to mess with.... unless maybe it was a Ford driver/hacker trying to even things up a bit between the Dmax's and the new 6.4's ;)

A virus on your computer can screw with your USB drivers for sure though. When I first got EFI, I couldn't even get my computer to accept the drivers for it at first, and once it did, it wouldn't talk to my truck. I did a fresh windows install on a new hard drive and been happy since, with no problems.... knocking on wood. I don't pull any fuses, turn off any lights, and usually the heater is running and radio playing while I'm flashing. The only thing I've found that screws up the bootloader is pushing a power window/lock button, or opening a door while trying to flash. That screws it all up on me for some reason. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have to keep my doors closed too. I have been fortunate enough not to have someone open one during a flash, but this could be because I lock them before I start. Try everything you can think of, no matter how dumb it may sound. It just may work.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I always crack my windows down a couple inches in the front and lock the doors. That way if someone approaches me like they even want to try to open the door, I just holler at them to wait another couple minutes. The wife has a habit of doing that...... wait til I'm reflashing, and then want to come find me for something urgent. :badidea:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got it all worked out guys, ECM will be here first thing tomorrow morning! I just leave the drivers door open when I re-flash. And I do it when I am all by myself.

Bentley

PS, you know how everyone tells you to be sure and save your stock tune. I think its really in case you **** up your original ECM you can put the stock tune in the new one to be sure of its function and then flash away from their.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Mine locked on me like that my first time just trying to download stock tune, it wouldn't do anything until the ECM reset to get it out of read/write mode. Now I pull 4 fuses and haven't had a problem since I just try to not touch anything electronic while it is flashing or erasing the ECM.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, with the amazing help of EFI Live (the whole crew) and Guy at SoCal my truck is running!!!!

Bentley

1 - 19 of 19 Posts