Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw the new silverado HD in person today. I will say other than that godawful front bumper, They nailed it. It was a 2500HD ex.cab LTZ. in black.

Those big chrome dish things on the front has to change.

Although I think the old silverado bumper is no better just doesn't seem to match the truck....

Just my .02

·
Banned
720 Posts
well the good news is the corners are the same size as the 1500 so you could put the painted bumper to match the body color and look alot better maybe the 08 will have some better styling cues

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry to disapoint you but those corners on the Hd's are 2" bigger than the ones on the 1500 I just compared them today My wife has a 1500 and my buddy bought a 2500hd yesterday and in fact they are bigger. I tought of doing the same cause I ordered a 2500 and was going to order those corners off a Ltz wish is painted but guess what? they're smaller sorry.
catch03;1583588; said:
well the good news is the corners are the same size as the 1500 so you could put the painted bumper to match the body color and look alot better maybe the 08 will have some better styling cues

·
Registered
258 Posts
dmax07;1583663; said:
Sorry to disapoint you but those corners on the Hd's are 2" bigger than the ones on the 1500 I just compared them today My wife has a 1500 and my buddy bought a 2500hd yesterday and in fact they are bigger. I tought of doing the same cause I ordered a 2500 and was going to order those corners off a Ltz wish is painted but guess what? they're smaller sorry.
:nopics:

sorry I had to do it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I too looked at new HD yesterday. Guess when mine new HD comes in the corners will get acid etched, roughed up, and painted white (body color).
I measured and they are bigger than the 1500. The fleet guy I ordered mine from said they are being forced to order chrome on the 1500's too!
PJ

·
Registered
159 Posts
You're right man I too want pictures all the time is the best proof, but unfortunatlly I don't have them.Most local dealers at least here in cali have the gazers in the 2500hd you could see it for your self that would be the best way for proof I guess and I'm sorry I don't have any pics of the comparisons.:( hz=ave
84jeepjohn;1584038; said:
:nopics:

sorry I had to do it.
ers

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I saw my first new 2500HD yesterday, it was a gasser. Not sure of the interior trim, had cloth seats so probably similar to the old LS. The truck was white, kinda plain looking. But i will say the pictures don't do it justice. The truck looks much better in person. The truck was parked in front of a 1500 and I must say the 2500 looks much better. I cannot get use to the chrome front bumper, seems like an excellent candidate for an aftermarket bumper replacement.

The interior looked good, this one didn't have the wood grain. I do feel better about the trucks now that I saw one in person. Sorry, didn't have a camera handy yesterday.

Still think my '02 HD looks the best...but my opinion is biased.

MaxRock

·
Registered
334 Posts
DSC00604.jpg this isnt an lmm, but it is an HD. located in jasper IN.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I believe that ranch hand will be coming out with a solution to that bumper problem some of you guys are having:cool: :D

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
On other issue w/ the large chrome wings on the front bumper, they are flexible, maybe some sort of chrome plastic. Yeah...I wonder how long that will last!

·
Registered
125 Posts
those plain jane wheels are freakin uuuggglllyyyyy on the new ones....

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
leathal02;1589225; said:
those plain jane wheels are freakin uuuggglllyyyyy on the new ones....
Those are the same plain Jane steel wheels they have had all along. And they are butt ugly.:eek: Decided to go ahead and buy a 07 classic, had a GMC before and bought a Chevy, never liked the cat eyed front, but it's growing on me now. It had the Ultra wheels and Toyo 265's on it when I bought it along with the nerf bars and bed liner. Afraid of the LMM power package for now.:eek::

·
Registered
547 Posts
i test drove a new hd last thursday, it was a 6.0 but boy did it have some balls! and i taked to the fleet guys and he said that the 07s will have the uglty wheels but the 08's will come with an 18" option on them, except the dualy's

·
Registered
164 Posts
Finally got to see a new HD, WOW, what a truck, I was totally impressed and was going to go beat up the salesman that sold me my 06 instead of talking me into waiting for the 07, until I saw the front bumper.....What were they thinking? How could you hang that thing on such a good looking truck? I'm much happier with my 06 now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Rolled up on a GMC 1500 today with the 20inch rims.. WOW that thing looks sweet.. Can't wait to see the HD's in the GMC. They also had a 1500 vortec MAX. looked really really nice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
bumper

I can't agree more about them fugly looking front chrome pieces on the Chevy. I'll be waiting awhile till that changes.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i saw one in person today and it looks way better then the pic did throw in a lift on some 20 inch rims that thing is going to look sick .i my opinion it alot better than the new ford

·
Registered
549 Posts
chorizosdmax;1592165; said:
i saw one in person today and it looks way better then the pic did throw in a lift on some 20 inch rims that thing is going to look sick.i my opinion it alot better than the new ford
Rad :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Saw a new one yesterday, if they get much fuglier who would want to drive one. Yeah the plain jane wheels really make the trucks look like crap

·
Registered
258 Posts
We just got 2 in at our dealer. The only thing I couldn't stand is both were white :( (and ex cabs granted that's and the reg cab is it right now) The D max was already sold LOL and the 6.0 is just sitting on the lot. I will say they are WAY mor imposing that the older trucks.
I'm 6'2" and the top of the bed was almost even with my sholder (about 3-4" lower)
I still do not like the bumper, but I'll hold off total judging till I see a black CC LB :)

1 - 20 of 83 Posts