Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran my truck this weekend and ran a 13.63 at 105mph
i was happy with that but my 60' is 2.3 which sucks.
I have a tst stacked with a bullydog, 4" exhaust k&n intake
banks waste gate, sc converter, transgo with some extras, fass 150
i launch in 2wd because i don't have my tie rod sleves yet
should i expect more with the stuff i have dun or is this about right also
would a ats co-pilot help any? thanks for your time & patience.

02' ext cab tst w/ bullydog banks big head 4" exht sc converter
fass 150 transgo k&n intake

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
You really need to launch in 4-wheel drive to 60 better than that on street tires. Get some sleeves, and lower your T-bars then let'r rip! Your times would be really close to a 12 if you could 60 a 1.8 or so. When you get your front-end stuff lined out, go to the track and put it in 4-hi raise boost up to about 6-8lbs. while holding the brakes. Work your way up from there until it spins bad, or you get to afraid of breakage. Do a search for clamping your springs, it will help control wheel hop.

·
Registered
11,953 Posts
What he said. 4x4 is a good idea but you want sleeves;)

If you must play in 2wd and do so without slicks air down considerably in the back. I'd start at 30 and see how she handles and keep going down till you spin the tire on the rim, 60's suffer, or it starts to feel squirly. Drive around the water box, back in to the edge and do a quick burnout(just get a wisp of smoke on the tires) You probably dont need to do this every run since you have street tires, object is to clean em off. Dosnt make sense but adding weight may help you. Keep the tailgate on ect. Figure out what the highest rpm or boost you can launch at. It will take some playing. Also see were the fast cars with slicks go and try to chose your lane if possible. Sometimes one lane can be hooking much better than the other.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
i guess i was launching waaaaaay too hard then...i 2.0 60'd in 4 hi, but that was at 25psi WFO 4 wheel spin/front hop (surprised nothing broke either time) :/ *my springs are clamped on the front*

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
You don't need to launch at 25PSI to have a good sixty. Obviously converter, brakes, truck setup, etc. play a big part in what boost you can launch at, but 25 is way up there. Start small and work your way up until your 60s peak out.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
i guess i was launching waaaaaay too hard then...i 2.0 60'd in 4 hi, but that was at 25psi WFO 4 wheel spin/front hop (surprised nothing broke either time) :/ *my springs are clamped on the front*
my brakes wont hold much more than 3 or 4psi and have gotten a 2.02 60' just like i drive it on the street, 60psi in all the tires. no clamping springs etc.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
i'm just used to balls to the walls kinda launches from my ooooold maxima, launching on the 2 step @ 4k rpms and 12 psi boost, then hitting the nitrous as soon as i got out of 1st gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.