Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I give up.

I'm gonna get some juice. Should I get the attitude too?

My truck is bone stock for 77000miles. I pull 10000-22000lb trailers 7 months of the year.

Will I be able to use it in the 2001 and the 2003?

Where do I purchase?

And Mac will you drill the exhaust hole?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would like to also know if the Juice and Attitude combination will work on the NEW LLY engine? (2004 series)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Gradyghost go for the Attitude! I tried it both ways, with the Attitude is better
. It should work fine on your '01 and '03 but you won't be able to monitor engine temp. on the '01 according to the destructions. If you're worried about drilling the manifold, don't be! Just follow Hoot's instruction's and you'll be fine. As an extra precaution, you can put grease on the drill bits and tap, and clean and regrease a couple of times during the procedure. The grease will act like a magnet for stray bits of metal.

JoshEdited by: GMCSLEHD

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
The attitude would be the way to go since you tow. It has the adjustable back down that backs off the power when the EGTs get to your set point. If you make a tow with a combination of grades and flat ground, you can turn the power up and down with the push of a button. I think it'd be a PITA to have to pull over, shut down and reprogram to change levels while towing.

Ox

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for quick responses. A fellow dmaxer hooked his juice up to my truck at the NE Conn. Get Together, and I really enjoyed the extra power. For some reason he took it out when we got back from the cruise!

He said at the time that the juice is the way to go. I would like to be able to really crank it up when just cruising and have solid extra power when pulling the extra heavy (22000lb) gooseneck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Gradyghost. Bone stock 2001, 40,000 miles and not sure if I should go for Attitude. Maybe some of you guys running Juice with Attitude could help me out with a couple of questions here. I'm looking at adding more power strictly for towing, as I find stock is fine for my driving habits when using it for my daily commute to work. By adding this unit do I run the risk of burning up my tranny or wearing out the injectors quicker. Haven't had a problem to date with either but do you run that risk by adding more power??? It was also mentioned you can't monitor engine temps in an 01, is this a programming thing that could be changed with a Tech2?? What would you suggest for towing purposes only??

I'm new to this stuff so I apologise in advance if questions seem basic.

Thanks in advance!!Edited by: TC Dmax

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Pilot said:
I would like to also know if the Juice and Attitude combination will work on the NEW LLY engine? (2004 series)

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that they are working on it. I've been keeping in touch with them and they promised to let me know when an LLY compatible version is available. We just have to wait a bit longer.....
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2001 with an Attitude I fully intended to use for towing only.

That intention dropped by the wayside when a Ford got antsie at a stopsign.

I recently towed the Grapevine Grade near LA with my 8500 lb 5th wheel and Juice level 1. It maintained cruise control the entire grade at 65, though it did drop out of overdrive about 1/3 of the way up. Number of trucks that passed me? 0 Number of motorhomes that passed me? 0 Number of 5th wheels that passed me? 0. In fact, I passed several rice burners on the way up. Now if I could only wipe the grin off my face....

·
Registered
946 Posts
Attitude is the way to go. Man this is fun. I love mine. Hey they did a thing on Trucks yesterday with the Edge Juice with attitude. Cool results.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
TC Dmax

I think if you can show restraint you have nothing to worry about .... Alot of people use only the lower levels and are very satisfied which is completely safe for the Allison ... Key is moderation ,unless your goal is for maxium performance then know what you signed on for ...

The only proven harmfull condition to your injectors is the poor OEM filter we have ...

The Additude will not moniter coolant temp in the 01 but you have a factory gauge for that any way nevertheless ...

I think you will be very happy with the results you get from a standard Attitude Juice set in lower safe levels for longevity ownership ....

Mac

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for your comments guys. Looks like I'm going to have to change my signature soon!!
I did catch that show (Trucks) on Sunday and they made the install look quite simple. Still a little nervous about drilling the manifold though, (breaking something) I'm the type that usually if it could happen it does happen. I guess slow and steady will win the race!!!

Thanks Again!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts