Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the trim panel under the rear window that goes across the back of the cab behind the rear seat. There are 10 retainers that hold this panel on. 9 of them are no longer useable. They are very similar to the retainers for the child safety seat anchor covers. Does anyone have a part # for these retainers?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I don't have the part numbers, but based on a member's post that NAPA had the fenderwell fasteners, I asked my local NAPA store and he showed me a book full of different types. Not pictures, but the actual fasteners themselves.

Some of them looked exactly like the "Christmas tree" fasteners I had to remove from the seat hinge cover, to install my underseat storage box. I think these might be exactly the ones you're looking for. You might try NAPA...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Check at a collision shop, they have tons of fasteners on hand.

Or the dealers body shop.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried NAPA. No luck. I tried the dealer. Parts counter says you have to buy the whole panel to get the retainers. These retainers(or similar ones) are in other places on my truck. They are very similar to the clips that hold the child safety seat anchor covers and driver's side fuse panel cover in place. I have been searching around on the net quite a bit. Maybe I will come across them eventually.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Maybe my local NAPA has these from another source other than NAPA. I've got Fire Station tomorrow so I can't do it then, but Wednesday I'll go ask him about them and see who makes the fasteners he showed me.

If you find something before then and don't need a source anymore, please drop me a PM so I don't go over there for nothing.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help Zeeb. I was hoping that Eric would chime in on this when he got back from vacation. I would assume he is pretty busy getting caught back up on everything at the moment though. If I don't find them in another week or two, I will start considering hook and loop.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Okay, I just got back from the NAPA store and looked at the fasteners again.

They are in a large loose leaf type binder with cardboard type pages and each page has probably two dozen different types of nylon fasteners. The back of each page shows the part number and corresponding GM, F**d, or Chrysler part number. The book is labeled "NAPA Balkamp Body Hardware".

If you need it, I took a pic of the first page with all the "Christmas tree" fasteners, but you can't see the part numbers very well, and there are a grundle of them....

I've got it in a pretty large .jpg format right now, so if you want the pic, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Zeeb, but if they are nylon, they are not the right fasteners. These fasteners are a little u-shaped metal clip. They have little teeth that bite on the plastic trim tabs once they are put on the tabs. My problem is that most of those little teeth broke off when I removed the rear trim panel. I think the ones on the rear trim panel are made of a different material so they will be harder to remove which will make them less likely to loosen and allow vibration. If you remove your driver's side fuse panel cover and look at the retainers on the panel's tabs, you will get the general idea of what I am talking about. The ones for the trim panel look very similar to the ones on the fuse panel cover, except they are a different color.

Go ahead and send me the picture though. You never know when it may come in handy. My email address is in my sig.

Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts