Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate having this old vehicle. What can I do to afford a new truck? I can not believe the prices of newer trucks. Why are they more than my house? I paid $24,000 for my house. I dont understand how people can afford a $45,000 truck

·
Registered
532 Posts
It is a hard pill to swallow buying a newer truck but in my case, I've come up through the ranks with my trucks and just last June got a 2017. Driving 25k a year I don't keep trucks too long. I was in an Accident that wrecked my first "nice" truck and decided I didn't want to be tied to my truck payment so like you I started with a cheaper truck and drove until it was a maintenance problem, upgraded a few years and did the same, always paying off as quick as possible. Went from a '89 to '96 to '01 to '08 to the current '17 in a matter of 17 years. The biggest thing is equity in the truck. I had them all paid for as quick as I could which helped when purchasing a different one. My payment on the 17 is only around $200/mo. because of the route I took with the prior vehicles. Unlike a lot of the younger generation, I took my time to get to this point where a lot of them want what others have(newer truck) and want it now no matter the cost. In your case I would decide what $$ you can spend and see what you can get for a newer ride. Maybe you can get into a '08, drive it for a while, and then upgrade again until you get to the point where your in a pretty new ride.:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts