Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I went to Mike's shop in Inglewood to have the Transgo trim valves installed in my Allison, 06 LBZ Regular Cab. It only had 1200 miles on it but I plan on Bracket racing it and I already have the bullydog on "performance" tune. I am not ready for a full trans/converter yet and I wanted to give my Trannie every advantage that I could in the mean time! I also had him put in both filters new, and the new "QuadSyn" fluid. He did not reccomend the fluid as he said it would be a waste of my money, but I went for it anyway. I don't plan on running a tune when I bracket race. Just to play with the PowerStrokes on the street and get a few times at the track. Again, to try and make the trans last. We'll see.......
Mike is a very straightforward and no nonsense Guy. I appreciate doing buisness with him.
Even though I was a bit skeptical, the Transgo trim valves did make a difference that I can feel. It is obvious. The truck now BARKS the tires HARD going into second when I am on it. Many times for about a truck lenght. It would do it before, but it was kind of lame. The tires squeal way louder with the Brigestone Dueler HP's that I have on there now. Way louder than the V-Ribs. Kinda cool really.
Oh yeah. When I was getting ready to leave, Mike asked me what tune I was running in the Bullydog. I told him "Performance". Then he said that my truck "runs real good". . . . WTF??? :bawl:

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
good to hear Mike has another satisfied customer! Hes a little far from me, but he defiently was a big help over the phone in making sure my valvebody was ok after I drilled the wrong hole in it!! :D (for installing my SC-4 kit)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Question

Hey Guys, I went to Mike's shop in Inglewood to have the Transgo trim valves installed in my Allison, 06 LBZ Regular Cab.
How long did it take?

Can a person "wait" for it, or is it a "Leave It" type of Install?

I'd drive there if I could sit around while it's being done... :exactly:

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Ron
I told you the QuatraSyn would be a waste of money because I assume you will probably smoke some clutches while you are drag racing and the fluid could not be used over. I thinkthe fluid is the best thing out there right now.

Kimosabe
Yes you can waite for the trim valve install. It takes about 2 hours.
mike

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks

Kimosabe
Yes you can waite for the trim valve install. It takes about 2 hours.
:thankyou2 Thanks Mike.

I'll call (ahead of time) to make sure you can do it that day... On our next trip to SoCal...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Mike......

Sorry Mike, I should have clarified that statement. It should have said : "at this time", you felt the Quatrasyn fluid would be a waste of money (I appreciate you not trying to tap my wallet). Yes, I asked for the Quatrasyn fluid since you said it was the best for what I am doing, or the best period? I was willing to spend the extra money for that performance edge. The added margin of protection.
Thanks again Mike L.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
so are these shims realyl helping anything or would it be better to just wait and get the tranny built at once. i drive like an ***, and the truck is stock now, but when twins come out, im jumping on them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do it now?

I am just trying to make my Trans last a while. I have several advantages that make me think it will. Things like the lighter weight of a regular Cab, 2WD, shorter tires when I am racing , stock tune while racing etc... But Mike says Bracket Racing/making lots of runs at the track will kill the trans anyways. Not designed for constant full throttle upshifts. I am just trying to put off the fact that I will eventually will be investing 4-5K . But you never know? I seem to have a knack for making my stuff last. We'll see. If you are going for big power I would wait and do it all at once. But if you will be in a bind without your Truck I would be careful in the mean time.
What do you think Mike?

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
I think the Transgo valves will help a lot. You must do them right away before you hurt the clutches. This means; do the valves first and power after. Transgo valves will not be as effective with hurt frictions.
mike

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Mike and I have both already found that C3 clutches in the new 06's are weak. All of the units I have seen apart had less then 2k on them and c3's were already showing excessive signs of wear...on stock trucks. Of course, Mike and I have a few ways of prolonging C3 with our builds.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Will the transgo kit help the C3 live longer? I plan to go to the track some this summer and don't want to kill my trans. I'm still running stock power but in a heavy CC 4wd.

Is there a transgo kit out for the 6 spd. yet, and where can I get it?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Transgo will help, but not completely fix the C3 issue.

The Transgo kit is out and avail from Suncoast or myself or Mike L and any SC distributer.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Transgo will help, but not completely fix the C3 issue.

The Transgo kit is out and avail from Suncoast or myself or Mike L and any SC distributer.
Is it on your site anywhere. I checked and only saw the regular kit. It was my understanding there were several items that are no longer installed with the 6spd. Is it true you don't have to drop the trans to install the transgo on a 6spd?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Yes, that is true. The C2 mods are not used on the LBZ kits as they are not needed. Just the trim valves and drill the plate for the 06's. But thats just going to be a patch per say. Converters seem to be a bit weaker in these for some reason. I'm not a converter builder so cant comment on why. I dont have the transgo kits identified by year on my site....sigh, that poor website is so far outdated.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
So is the LBZ kit the same price? Seems if you are loosing a major part of the kit it would be a little less expensive. I guess what I'm asking is "What'll it cost man? What'll it cost?"

1 - 20 of 44 Posts